Principal Cyber Security Engineer at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Principal Cyber Security Engineer will be responsible for supporting the development of trusted products and systems as a member of the Nuance Global Security Team. This is a senior role where the successful candidate will support the development of Nuance products and systems implementing and advising the product technical teams on the implementation of security control objectives and supporting the wider Global Security teams’ deployment of objectives. The position requires knowledge of the secure development of systems, knowledge of software engineering. vulnerability management, systems cryptography (including key management) and systems security engineering concepts.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Nuance Global Security, security operations, vulnerability management and shared security services teams
- Be able to lead the implementation of operational security objectives
- Be able to work independently on deliverables
- Be able to engage and partner with systems teams on the implementation of standards-based security objectives
- Document security operational procedures, standards as well as assessment reports
- Be able to conduct security architecture, design assessments
- Coach and support junior personnel
- Assist in the execution of segmentation tests
- Coordinating with other Global Security Services teams to ensure that vulnerabilities are effectively reported and managed
Education: Bachelor’s degree; Information/Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 8+ years’ experience
- Deep Understanding of networking, web application, API and Internet security
- Understanding and experience of cloud computing concepts and cloud security principles
- A deep understanding of Cyber Security and Information Security principles
- Knowledge and understanding security objective frameworks and standards
- Ability to communicate effectively across functional areas
- Flexibility and good communication and collaboration skills
- IT Programming experience
- Leadership experience
- Security certification – CISSP, AZ-500, AWS CS-S (or similar)
- Knowledge of objective frameworks – e.g. NIST 800-53, CSF
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.