CA Notice of Collection
California Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding your rights with respect to the “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)) we collect from and about you, and your rights with respect to your personal information.
A. Categories of Personal Information we collect, use and disclose
Category of information collected
- Name and contact information: such as your name and e-mail address
- Login credentials
- Customer service information: such as questions and other messages you address to us through online forms, by e-mail, over the phone, or by post; and summaries or voice recordings of your interactions with customer care.
- Employment or Education Information: such as education history and resume
- Job application information and resumes if you are applying to an employer via Built In’s ‘Easy Apply’ feature.
- Other job seeker profile information: such as your gender, photograph, and work preferences and interests
- Social media information: if you link your account or access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in, we may have access to any information you provide to that social network depending on your privacy settings such as your name, e-mail address, friend list, photo, gender, location, and current city; and information you provide to us directly through our pages on social networking and blogging platforms (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Device information and identifiers such as IP address; browser type and language; operating system; platform type; device type; software and hardware attributes; and unique device identifiers
- Usage Data: such as traffic data, logs, pages visited, referring URL, length and frequency of your visit to the Site, and the resources that you access and use on the site
- General geolocation information: such as city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, or name of city and state that you provide to us or on other sites
How we use these categories of personal information
We and our service providers may use the categories of personal information we collect from and about you for the following business and commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law).
- Provide the Site and Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services);
- Analyze and improve the content, materials and Services available on the Site;
- Assist you in applying to jobs;
- Communicate with you;
- Customizing content that we or our service providers display on the Services (e.g., contextual ads);
- Secure the Site and Services and protect against fraud including bug detection and error reporting;
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests, such as third-party advertising and communicating with you about relevant offers from third party partners; and
- Other uses about which we notify you.
B. Sale/Sharing of Personal Information
The CCPA sets forth certain obligations for businesses that “sell” personal information or “share” personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes. Under the CCPA, “sale” and “sharing” are defined such that they may include allowing third parties to receive certain information for advertising purposes. We “sell” or “share” the following categories of information to third-party advertising partners and vendors that support our advertising efforts (such as advertising analytics services):
Device information and identifiers such as IP address; Usage Data; General geolocation information
If you would like to opt out of our use of your information for such purposes that are considered a “sale” or “sharing” for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes under California law, please visit the "Do Not Sell/Share My Personal Information" link in the footer of our Site. Alternatively, if you have a legally-recognized browser-based opt out preference signal turned on via your device browser, we recognize such preference in accordance with applicable law. Please note that we do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
C. Additional California Rights
If you are a California resident, the CCPA allows you to make certain requests about your personal information. Please see the “Your Rights and Your Choices” section of our Policy above for information about the rights you have with respect to your personal information under California law and how to exercise them.
If we ever offer any financial incentives in exchange for your personal information, we will provide you with appropriate information about such incentives.
The CCPA also allows you to limit the use or disclosure of your “sensitive personal information” (as defined in the CCPA) if your sensitive personal information is used for certain purposes. Please note, in the limited circumstances that we process sensitive personal information (such as usernames in combination with passwords) as defined in the CCPA, we do not use or disclose it other than for disclosed and permitted business purposes for which there is not a right to limit under the CCPA. We ask that users not include sensitive information in application materials, such as your resume.
D. Shine the Light
California Law permits customers who are California residents to request certain information once per year regarding our disclosure of “personal information” (as that term is defined under applicable California law) to third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Any questions? Please contact us at:
Built In, Inc.
203 N LaSalle St Suite 2200
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Email: [email protected]