Scrum Master / Agile PM
Rapid7 is looking for a Scrum Master / Agile PM to join its thriving IT organization.
This role will be responsible for the success of Rapid7’s application support and system development processes as well as Agile Project Management (from identification / scoping through delivery / closure). As a growing company looking to become more agile, Rapid7 is seeking a motivated individual to support both internal and external teams/groups. At Rapid7, we operate in a matrixed model. As a result, the ideal candidate will be able to understand resource competencies, manage customer, team and management expectations and drive results by leading without direct authority. In short, this is a very visible role with a chance to make a significant impact. Engagements will ramp up and down as projects and initiatives progress / close; however, enabling successful ongoing support and development for Rapid7’s core business systems will be a constant assignment for this Scrum Master / Agile PM.
This individual will direct and help teams of administrators, developers, analysts and stakeholders. Rapid7’s system support and development processes are in the early stages of maturity, therefore, this role will have the opportunity to shape proceedings according to their vision, and add real value in yet to be explored capacities at a rapidly growing company!
A few of many duties…
- Ensure that the Apps team gets the development / technical support necessary for the success of the team and the organization.
- Help team members apply Scrum/Agile practices to enable successful, ongoing, support and development for Rapid7’s core business systems
- Be responsible for the success of Rapid7’s application support and system development processes
- Enable team members for success via the application of scrum/agile methodologies and improve the efficiency of support and development teams
- Work seamlessly with teams of administrators, developers, analysts and stakeholders
- Remove impediments for support and development teams
- Create and groom backlogs
- Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiate information
- Understand the priorities and interdependencies of past, current and future work to ensure optimal outcomes
- Optimize system support, development and project management processes using an agile/scrum focused vision and mature those processes for application as the company grows to its next stage of maturity
- Act as the business and IT sponsors as point-of-contact to ensure a smooth transition from idea submission through scoping, design, delivery and project closeout
- Plan and manage a portfolio of projects and initiatives (both large and small) to deliver within timelines, budgets and resource requirements
- Communicate project status, issues, risks to all stakeholders including executive sponsors and team members
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts, mitigate risks
- Socialize best-practice project management activities
- Provide project leadership for internal and external resources to ensure results
- Hold IT peers and team members accountable to methodology and best practices
- Actively participate in execution of IT team and personal goals
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience plus a proven track record of professionalism and success
- Strong communication skills and team-driven focus is essential as this team member will be expected to act with minimal supervision, as well as collaboratively, with customers, peers, partners, and managers to ensure customer satisfaction and team goal achievement
- Minimum 3-5 years demonstrated experience supporting enterprise applications
- 3-5 years of exposure to project management capacities, SDLC, and IT processes
- Solid experience working with CRM/ERP applications (NetSuite and SFDC experience a plus but not required)
- Experience integrating, supporting, and improving CRM/ERP business systems
- Excellent communication, project management, and interpersonal skills
- Strong track-record of delivering work in scope, on time, and within budget
- Demonstrated ability to build sound relationships and clearly communicate expectations with stakeholders
- Fundamental understanding of project management methodology – You understand why PMs do the things they do
- Proven ability to manage high volume of activity effectively in a matrixed resource environment – you get stuff done
- You like to look at things from many different angles and come up with great solutions – never settling for “the path of less resistance”
Required personal traits
- Energy, Passion, Humor and Enthusiasm – work hard, play hard at the best job of your career.
- Self-Motivated and Accountable – able to take direction and manage prioritization of work
- Results-Oriented and Collaborative – able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Continuous Learning – strong interest in learning and adapting to new tools and techniques