Sales Engineer, Partner Integrations at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Field Integration Engineer (FIE) is a technical resource on the Channel SE team who is dedicated to working with our partners to enable integrations between the partner platforms and Nuance solutions, primarily our API based hosted solutions for Conversational AI, Security & Biometrics, and Digital Engagement.
The FIE has deep technical skills in API based systems integration and technical expertise on Nuance solutions and capabilities and works in support of the Channel SE and Sales team to ensure partner platform integrations are implemented and maintained/optimized successfully. The FIE must have the skills and knowledge to engage directly with partner engineering teams on integration development as well as the ability to learn and configure partner systems to interop with Nuance solutions.
Support partners integrating their platforms with Nuance solutions, primarily Nuance API based hosted solutions for Conversational AI, Security & Biometrics, and Digital Engagement. Includes:
- Understanding existing partner technology environment, architectures and relevant integration points; technical risks and challenges; and detailing solution integration requirements.
- Explaining API level interactions, providing sample code, reviewing partner integration code, and assessing integration performance and QA test results.
- Providing integration recommendations to partner which optimize the use and performance Nuance solutions.
- Comprehensive understanding of requirements for billing, customer provisioning/onboarding, customer/partner admin/reporting, security, compliance, and partner marketplace in addition to run-time interactions.
- Troubleshooting partner integrations and engaging with internal teams such as Engineering/R&D, Product Management, and Hosted Services Delivery to resolve issues.
- Supporting partner technical evaluations/POCs of Nuance solutions, including assessing performance and requesting support from Engineering/R&D and Product as needed.
- Collaborate with Channel Sales and SEs on partner integration requirements and priorities.
- Work with applicable teams to assess interfaces which partners may provide for integration and assist with scoping Nuance integration effort and tracking Nuance integration activities.
- Track status of integration activities across multiple partners and communicate to applicable teams in Product, Engineering/R&D, and Channel Sales/SEs.
- This includes running regular status meetings and escalating issues as needed.
- Document integration requirements, specifications, data interface design, and test results which will be published both internally and externally to partners.
- Understand competing product offerings, tools and technical features, and advise Nuance competitive differentiators.
- Maintain a close partnership with the relevant Product Management and Engineering resources in order to get assistance with the integrations, drive solution updates/changes, and communicate status and results.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of our technology, including the integration methods/points, user interface, business rules, and limitations of the technology.
- Become a trusted advisor to Engineering, Product, and other technical teams within our partners.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Education: MS or BS in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related Technical Degree
- Minimum years of work experience: 10 (BS) or 8 (MS)
- Experience with systems integration using web services, REST, Websockets, XML, JSON, etc., and preferably gRPC.
- Experience with both high-level programming languages (C, C++, Java) as well as scripting languages like Python, Perl, PHP.
- Understanding of internet protocols in the OSI stack e.g. http, along with security options such as TLS
- Understanding of VOIP and telephony connectivity
- Ability to troubleshoot computer system and application integration issues
- Understanding of speech and natural language processing so can assess performance issues.
- Document creation proficiency and experience
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good organizational skills including program management for technical solutions.
- Customer/partner facing experience in a software or system integrator company preferably in Professional Services, Technical Support or Presales role.
- Comfortable leading meetings, presenting technical information, and communicating results/updates to a variety of internal and partner stakeholderswith varying levels of technical expertise.
- Willingness to travel
- Experience in architecting and implementing technology and solutions for self-service automation with voice and natural language processing (IVR, Virtual Assistants, Bots), digital engagement channels (virtual/live chat via web, mobile, social media, and messaging channels), and security.
- Expertise in natural language systems (ASR, NLU, Dialog management)
- Artificial Intelligence techniques and applications
- Experience with Contact Center systems integration including IVR infrastructure and Agent Desktop technologies
- Expertise on the Nuance solutions in play – Conversational AI APIs and Mix, including some knowledge on customization options (e.g. DLMs)
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.