Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is helping organizations around the globe advance securely. Our technology, services, and community-focused research simplify complexity for security teams, helping them reduce vulnerabilities, monitor for malicious behavior, investigate and shut down attacks, and automate routine tasks. With more than 9000 customers across 120+ countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture. Learn more at www.rapid7.com.The Opportunity
Rapid7 is recruiting an experienced Sales Operations leader for the position of Director, NA Sales Operations. The Director will lead impactful and highly strategic operational programs to drive Forecast accuracy and visibility as well as Sales productivity and efficiencies across our North American sales organization, and in proactive alignment with our International Team. S/he will interact at all levels of the organization and will have a key leadership role working with Go-to-Market Executives as well as other cross functional stakeholders. The Director, NA Sales Operations will lead a team of sales operations professionals that spearhead sales forecasting, territory planning, incentive planning, sales process optimization, sales policies, and overall resource allocation. This role will also be a meaningful and active member of building Technology and Data infrastructure to enable and empower the Sales Organization, The Director of Sales Operations will also participate in the development, reporting and analysis of the Sales Organization metrics, goals and overall performance. The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic leader with significant sales operations and analytics experience. Qualified candidates will have experience building and scaling Sales Operations in a high growth environment.Responsibilities
Design, implement, and manage sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes, establishing a high level of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
Facilitate pipeline review and create standardized leading indicators and metrics (standardized) that can be acted upon to improve overall sales performance.
Be an advocate of the field and champion an “easy to do business with” approach; drive continuous improvement on all related sales processes, documents and tools to ensure ongoing standardization and simplification of the Sales process.
Coordinate sales process improvement, management and visibility - while partnering with Sales leadership.
Manage territory planning and sales resources optimization.
Provide comprehensive analysis of territory alignment decisions; advise and drive sales quota setting process.
Provide guidance, insight and recommendations to the leadership team focused on increased revenue growth while improving overall sales team performance and effectiveness.
Oversee and administer variable incentive compensation plans.
Work cross functionally with Finance and People Strategy to establish rules, policies, and procedures related to sales compensation and recognition and facilitate dispute resolution
Support sales strategy and enablement initiatives around sales process and methodology focused on improving productivity, win rates, and visibility, and track performance against goals.
Assists sales enablement in transition planning of new sales team members and on-boarding process.
Ensure sales team readiness and operational process as it relates to new product / feature rollouts: capabilities, sales strategy, goals.
Identify areas for improvement, and design and facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes
Work cross functionally with marketing, finance, product, and business analytics teams to solve complex business problems and drive strategic planning.
Lead and counsel sales leadership in implementing objectives and define success metrics that align with go-to-market business goals. Responsible for leading short-term and long-term planning operating mechanisms that drive continuous improvement and growth strategies.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Management, Marketing, Business Administration.
● Sales experience a strong benefit.
● MBA a plus.
● 8-10+ years of experience in an analytical leadership role, and providing strategic guidance and operational oversight in Sales Operations within a software sales environment.
● Demonstrated ability to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
● Passion for leading a team and developing talent.
● Willing to roll up your sleeves, and pick up the shovel.
● Quick learner, curious and strong analytical skills; ability to dig into data, surface actionable insights and sound decision-making skills
● Results-oriented and demonstrated record of develop initiatives that impacts productivity
● Demonstrated ability to identify root causes of problems, generate and evaluate creative solutions, implements fact-based resolutions quickly and effectively.
● Strong communication skills, including establishing credibility and trust with customers and building influential relationships with partners in the business.
● Strong work ethic and customer service mentality
● Adaptable, strong team player with outstanding communication skills and ability to work with all functional areas