Business Development Representative
Greater Boston Area
Rapid7 is seeking the next generation of sales and professional superstars for our business development program. Our Business Development Program provides the basis and foundation to launch your technology career. Not only will you hone your skills as a business development representative uncovering opportunities with prospects and customers and maximizing opportunity from inbound marketing leads, we will enable and develop your skills across technical selling, demand generation, sales operations, networking and technical acumen. Some of Rapid7’s top sales professionals have been developed from our BDR program so if you are up for the challenge, keep reading.
As a BDR you will….
- Develop and manage high volume prospecting to qualify inbound leads through calls, emails and other channels
- Uncover potential opportunities across the customer lifecycle (new business, upsell/cross-sell) for the sales organization
- Partner closely with account executives to develop and implement outreach strategies for your inbound leads
- Conduct discovery with prospective buyers and create next steps including scheduling meetings for account executives for further qualification
- Progress in the program – you will have goals across performance as well as skill development set up for you to achieve your career progression from business development into sales or other departments
- Self-starter and team player with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- A history of extracurricular activities such as sports, student government, leadership roles, part-time or full-time work, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The drive to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Prior sales experience preferred but not required
Read Full Job Description