Principal Digital Engagement Consultant at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Nuance is hiring a Principal Digital Engagement Consultant on the Sales Engineering team to support development and conversion of our Digital sales pipeline.
The Digital Engagement Consultant (DEC) is a pre-sales technical resource who is dedicated to our Digital Engagement solution portfolio, which includes Virtual Assistants and Live Agent solutions through a variety of web, native app, and messaging channels. The DEC has deep technical skills in these areas and works in support of the more generalist Account Sales Engineers and Account Executives to translate customer requirements into technical solution designs and implementation proposals in support of the sales process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Account Executives and Account Sales Engineers in the technical discovery process to identify customer pain points, existing technology environment and relevant integration points, technical risks and challenges, and detailed solution requirements.
- Demonstrate the full capabilities of the Digital Engagement portfolio, including creation of customized use cases for specific customers.
- Understand competing product offerings, tools and technical features, and articulate Nuance competitive differentiators.
- Lead technical workshops and deep dive meetings with prospects on topics such as solution architecture, integration requirements, security, performance, and the technical capabilities, components, and benefits of the Nuance portfolio.
- Gather and document requirements: Technical, Security, Compliance, and Audit.
- Work with Account Executive and Account Sales Engineers to develop services and transactional pricing components, ROI/Business Case, and assist where needed on content for HSO, RFP's, Proposals and SOW's.
- Perform solution sizing for hardware/software elements of the solution.
- Support customer technical evaluations/POCs of Nuance solutions, including requesting additional resources from PS or Product as needed via the deal support request process.
- Maintain a close partnership with the relevant product and PS resources in order to communicate updates and changes in products and process to larger sales engineering community.
- Maintain a deep and ongoing understanding of our technology, including the user interface, integration methods, business rules, and limitations of the technology.
- Be a customer advocate towards our deeper technical organizations (PS, Engineering, Product) ensuring product roadmaps accurately reflect customer needs and market directions.
- Become a trusted advisor to engineering, product, and other technical teams within prospects pre-sale.
- Be a source for general industry/domain knowledge in their space for field Account SE team, including technical details of competitive offerings and emerging technology trends and standards.
Education: MS or BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree
Minimum years of experience: 8 years (BS) or 6 years (MS)
- Significant experience in architecting or implementing technology and solutions for digital engagement channels, especially chat (virtual and live) via web, mobile, social media, and messaging.
- Experience selling SaaS solutions.
- Presales customer facing experience in a software or system integrator company.
- Familiarity with the Sales Engineering process in a software company.
- Comfortable in making presentations and speaking to an audience.
- Native/near Native English written and spoken communication skills.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Natural language systems (ASR, NLU, dialogue management)
- Artificial Intelligence techniques and applications.
- Contact Center and Agent Desktop technologies.
- Conversational User Interface Design.
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action workplace. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, disability, genetics, or any other category protected by law or Nuance policy. If you need an accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 and let us know.