Manager, PMO - Consulting Services
Rapid7 is seeking a Manager of the Project Management Office (PMO) to support the Consulting Services Organization’s growth. Rapid7 Consulting is responsible for the implementation of Rapid7’s vanguard security product-based solutions, strategic advisory services, penetration testing and incident response services for our customers. As a PMO Manager your core responsibility, along with your team, will be to facilitate the delivery of our engagements in this dynamic and fast paced environment.
As the Manager, PMO your goal is set the course for this highly impactful and visible part of the Rapid7 organization. You will be responsible for developing and scaling our project management function to meet the demands of a growing Consulting Services business and ensure delivery excellence across all projects for both customers and internal stakeholders. You must have exceptional communication skills, excellent people skills, strong business acumen and be comfortable working in a fast-paced business. Reporting to the Operations Director, you will play a key role in setting the direction of the Consulting Services business, partnering with constituents such as Sales, Pre-Sales Engineering, Product Development, Marketing and the core Line of Business owners of the services organization.
A successful candidate will have an ability to synthesize data from different sources, streamline key project & business processes, function in an international team and drive performance improvements while ensuring growth and development opportunities for their team.
- Build out the project management function in our Consulting Services organization so that it consistently performs to the highest standards of excellence.
- Redefine processes that push the team to work seamlessly across a matrix organization delivering world-class service to customers
- Coach and mentor the Project Management team so they consistently perform to the highest standards across the organization
- Identify any gaps in the project management tool set and partner with Operations to correct them
- Partner with Line of Business owners on new offering development to ensure Project Management considerations are in place and reflected
- Work with project managers to ensure that all projects stay in scope and on schedule.
- Work with project managers to course correct as needed when projects encounter issues.
- Partner with our Customer Success team to drive cohesion around the customer experience and customer retention.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum 7 years of experience in customer facing, enterprise level project management in Cyber-Security, SaaS, digital agencies, or technology consulting organizations
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading a Project Management function in Cyber-Security, SaaS, digital agencies, or technology consulting organizations
- Strong track record of budget management
- Demonstrated mastery of project management practice in a complex, deadline driven environment. This includes a mix of both high and low-touch Customers
- Well-developed and effective team facilitation and leadership skills; able to establish cooperative and accountable team environment
- Experience managing a team in a direct and in a matrix organization.Experience managing across multiple geographically dispersed offices
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven ability to recommend and integrate processes to Project Management function to ensure project management team provides valuable and strategic support for the teams they support.
- Project management certification (PMP) and /or formal coursework/training in project management strongly preferred
- Understanding of project financials, revenue recognition, invoicing and billing process a plus.
- Experience with Netsuite SRP or similar time and project management system
- Experience supporting sales teams with selling and scoping project work
- 20% travel expectation