Data Scientist, Business Intelligence
Job Overview We are looking for a highly motivated data scientist to drive insight for key business stakeholders, across our internal functional areas. This role will be accountable for providing accurate, timely and high-impact analysis from the board room to the individual cubicle. Working in tandem with our BI Analysts & Operations teams, this data scientist will provide advanced analytics, data, and reporting support to help enhance business decision making and increase operational efficiency. The ideal rockstar candidate is adept at using diverse data sets to find opportunities for business process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. This candidate must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights and be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. Essential Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business decisions & business process optimization.
- Act as a key contributor in providing advanced analytics (predictive and prescriptive) and recommendations to our business stakeholders, with a core focus on sales leading indicators, employee productivity & retention, customer purchasing behavior and customer health.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, marketing spend and other business outcomes.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement (operationalize) models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Provide data, analysis & recommendations for corporate quarter-end and year-end milestones such as quarterly business reviews, quarterly Investor Call.
- Provide clear visualizations and present analyses to management and executive-level stakeholders, using Business Intelligence tools and predictive analytics to drive key decisions.
- Provide recommendations to Business Intelligence leadership on best practices and the continual improvement in business intelligence & advanced analytics at Rapid7.
- Take a leadership role on the team collaborating with Rapid7’s Data Science Team and leveraging the best practice of machine learning.
- Accountable to BI team goals, promoting analytic maturity, tools adoption and enablement of end-users.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business, Economics, or related discipline required, MBA/Masters Analytics preferred
- At least 4 years work experience in a job that required regular business analytics; high tech, software, or mgmt. consulting company preferred
- Experience using R, Python, and SQL to manipulate data and draw insights from large, diverse data sets.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: matplotlib, ggplot, rShiny, Tableau, etc.
- Must be a fast learner with high attention to detail and possess a passion for data, data quality & business analytics
- Must have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, utilizing data to tell a story
- A strong work-ethic and customer service orientation is required
- Must have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
About usRapid7 is breaking down silos and transforming how Security, IT, and DevOps teams work together to drive secure innovation. Our analytics and automation cloud, Rapid7 Insight, provides the shared visibility, intelligence, and connected workflow these teams need to manage the vulnerabilities, threats, and performance issues that put their organizations at risk. With more than 7,100 customers across 120 countries, Rapid7 is a recognized leader in cybersecurity that has proudly earned numerous industry accolades and strong recognition for our technology and culture.