Vice President, Health Agency Sales at EverQuote
VP of Health Agency Sales
The VP of Health Agency Sales will be responsible and empowered to grow and improve the existing team of Licensed Advisors. The mission is to drive top-line growth at improving unit economics through a combination of improved performance management, smart hiring and judicious application of technology across the consumer journey. The bulk of the initial effort will likely be spent driving new client acquisition and agent growth. Still, the VP of Health Agency Sales must lean into client retention, renewal, and cross-selling to maximize the value of our relationship with each consumer.
In partnership with other functional leaders, you will establish the long-term strategy for health agency sales. Including:
- Determining the appropriate mix of in-office and virtual agent teams.
- Establishing the appropriate blend of cross-vertical and product specialized agent teams.
- Building a high-performance mindset and culture across the sales organization.
This role will be gifted with smart, motivated cross-functional collaborators, an existing sales team hungry for strong leadership, and no preconceived notions on how to establish the world's highest-performing Life, Health & Medicare sales organization. We are looking for builders who are excited to roll up their sleeves on the most challenging problems and relentlessly iterate with a team to succeed. To succeed here you’ll need to be both a leader and a doer.
What you’ll do:
- Immediately establish the performance bar for the agent sales teams
- Develop an optimal mix of W-2, 1099 and BPO capacity and develop target hiring profiles
- Scale, develop and coach Agency Sales Leaders and Client Success teams.
- Frequently shift between top-level strategy thinking and tactical frontline Agent management
- Deliver on Agency Revenue operating plan targets.
- Analyze and breakdown drivers of customer LTV, diagnose and prioritize opportunities than work with partners to implement solutions that drive meaningful KPI improvement.
- Partner with relevant EverQuote teams to create retention, renewal and cross-sell playbooks and then drive implementation.
- Document and communicate key business results for the health sales organization.
- Identify and implement operational best practices.
- Lead Quarterly Business Review for Sales operations.
- Review, revise and help guide Agent onboarding agenda & training materials.
- Partner with Finance and People Ops to establish target hiring profile and rolling quarterly hiring forecasts.
Who you are:
- An expert in Life, Health and Medicare consumer needs and key product offerings.
- 3+ years experience managing and growing a Health/Medicare/Life sales team.
- Practical, hands-on experience managing agent capacity across seasonal business.
- Strong tech/insurance industry analytical background.
- Proven track record of building high performing sales leadership team resulting in productivity and increased agent sales.
- Experience collaborating with closely related functions (e.g., marketing) to drive target operational performance required to scale.
- Licensed Life/Health or P&C Agent or long track record leading frontline sales organization.
- Has set aspirational performance targets for agents working in Life/Health/Medicare and coached them to hit those goals then raised the bar again
- MBA preferred, school of hard knocks required
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.