Team Manager, Property & Casualty Sales at EverQuote
An excellent P & C Sales Manager must be an organized, reliable, and results-driven professional. They must have a practical mind to solve problems on the spot partnered with an ability to see the “big picture” and make improvements. As a Sales Manager, you must have excellent customer service and communication skills. The goal is to do everything possible to exceed performance markers and drive results.
In the first 30 days of your new position, you will be fully trained and learn the ins and outs of every facet of our business. Day 31 you start with your team- many that YOU helped pick and hire!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Actively manage all aspects of employee performance and development
- Random audits of calls to review for accuracy and excellent service
- Provide continuous training to personnel to maintain high customer service standards
- Evaluate employees’ performance
- Prepare EOD reports for upper management
- Monitor productivity of sales agents
- Answer questions and recommend corrective services to address customer complaints.
- Lead department team meetings
- Provides communication and follow-up to ensure agents are fully informed of all new information related to products, procedures, customer needs, and company-related issues, changes, or actions. You must enjoy repeating yourself throughout the day - when things change people sometimes like and need to hear it a few times, be ready to love hearing yourself talk
- Perform the last candidate round of Zoom/face-to-face interviews for your sales team. This means you have direct input into who you manage
- You will definitely run into an agent having computer issues - it could be an issue with their actual computer or sometimes them not realizing it isn’t plugged in. They will call you. You will have to help diagnose this issue.Skills
- Proven experience as a Sales Manager at an Insurance Agency or similar position (3 years minimum)
- Experience in customer service is required
- An active general lines property & casualty license
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and customer service metrics
- Solid understanding of reporting procedures (EOD)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - you’re going to be leading people from EVERY walk of life. Have the ability to try to see from their point of view and understand their wants and needs.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills with a problem-solving ability
- Positive and patient
- The ability to know when to let people have fun at work and when to push them to work a little harder
- Understand that with this role comes sometimes late hours and early morning texts from your team. You’re their manager and they will reach out to you for many things.
- Experience using word/excel
- Ability to approach all situations from a level headed, positive position
- Normal business hours with occasional nights and weekends
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.