NewStore operates a platform for retailers to run their stores on iPhone. It provides Omnichannel-as-a-Service with the only integrated cloud OMS and mobile POS. Intuitive store associate apps allow retailers to offer seamless shopping experiences through endless aisle, mobile checkout, store fulfillment, real-time inventory and clienteling. With an API-first architecture and an expansive ecosystem of partners, retailers can deploy fast and flexible omnichannel with ease. Brands that run on the NewStore platform include Decathlon, Outdoor Voices, UNTUCKit and more. NewStore was founded by Stephan Schambach, who pioneered ecommerce at Demandware (now Salesforce Commerce Cloud). The company has offices in Berlin, Boston and New York. Learn more at www.newstore.com.
Follow Your Passion
NewStore is looking for a Solution Architect to join our growing Field Service Team with a focus on both internal customer advocacy and external expertise. You will be involved from the initial customer contact through to the planning and execution of the project involving solution partners, internal software developers and clients. You will be leading all technical aspects of customer implementations from project kickoff to complete delivery. You will have a background in retail industry and commerce with successful large, multi-language / multi-currency / multi-store rollouts. You will also work closely with internal teams, including product management and engineering, as well as solution partners. Leading the technical aspects of customer implementations including sprint planning, use case definition and guiding developers by example is your day to day job. As we are an early stage startup, your influence in prioritizing features and processes will be critical to the company’s success. When finally rolling out the solution you will engage with training and customer success teams to support the onboarding of the customers on our platform.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
● 8 years of progressively responsible experience in Solution Design, Consulting and Implementation / Delivery
● Qualifying solutions consulting experience must be to major retailers in retail industry, and involve analyzing, defining, and articulating their business requirement and designing and delivering eCommerce, POS, Order Management, Fulfillment, and ERP solutions
● Qualifying experience, which may have been gained concurrently, must include at least five (5) years’ experience as a Solution Architect and cover the following subject areas:
○ Order Management & Fulfillment business processes (including shipping, invoicing, reverse logistics, payments), CRM, ERP, Financial systems integration, mobile applications and ecommerce;
○ In-store Retail systems and processes (mPOS, endless aisle, payment);
○ SaaS, including cloud architecture and infrastructure;
○ Scrum methodology and sprint planning, use case detailing and agile development, using any major repository/versioning tool (Jira, Confluence, github); and
○ Hands on development and implementation on both client- and server-side: Web Services (RESTful), asynchronous data integrations, and Cloud/SaaS integration/dev tools.
Qualified candidates for consideration will be able to demonstrate the following aptitudes:
● A strategic thinker who can anticipate potential challenges related to invisible constraints such as scalability and regional/international differences, etc.
● A facility for interpreting business needs into technical requirements, and making them accessible to different target groups
● Comfort working with customers - customer focused, and experience working with a 3rd party delivery team
● Strong English language written and verbal communication skills.
● Flexibility in the presence of shifting situations whilst maintaining a cool and dominant posture
The position is remote, working from a home office within the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX metro area, and reporting to NewStore’s Director of Professional Services. The position requires travel nationally and internationally up to 50% to NewStore’s offices in Boston, New York and
Berlin, as well as to client sites regionally and nationally as may be required. No relocation assistance is provided for this position.