At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
The Marketing Cloud Technical Architect role at Perficient plays a crucial part in our strategy and delivery capabilities. It requires not only a high degree of skill in our Marketing Cloud and Salesforce.com technical solutions, but also requires a high degree of consulting, relationship building and management, as well as an ability to see the grand vision that our solutions can bring to a client. A Technical Architect utilizes a consultative approach to explain solutions that have been designed with an engineering mindset. They must be able to speak to a wide range of audiences from highly technical to strictly business focused.
As a Marketing Cloud Technical Architect, you are responsible for successfully designing and managing the delivery of solutions in the Marketing Cloud and Salesforce.com ecosystems. These technologies include, but are not limited to, all components of Marketing Cloud (Journey Builder, Email Studio, Interaction Studio, etc.), APIs and integrations, data model design, and development in Lightning, Apex, and AMPscript. You will also be responsible for maintaining an ongoing comprehensive understanding of various cloud-computing ecosystems that are related to CRM, marketing automation and insights/analytics. The Technical Architect will own the technological landscape, security, integration, data model design and process creation for all projects for the clients they are assigned to.
You will own the overall technology roadmap and vision for each client you are assigned to. As such, it is your responsibility to maintain and grow the relationships within the account to ensure a strong long-term partnership with the client’s technology, marketing and leadership teams. You will work closely with consultants, project managers, as well as the technology teams to ensure projects are on-time, on-budget, of the highest quality and adhere to the technology roadmap that you have laid out.
Primarily Accountable For:
- Technical architecture of systems utilizing the Marketing Cloud and Salesforce.com platforms.
- Technology consulting, planning, roadmap for large multi-year client engagements.
- Training and mentoring of engineers and consultants.
- Overall success of technical projects involving multiple teams and individuals.
Technical Architect Responsibilities:
- Data model design.
- Integration architecture to connect all types of technology systems across an enterprise.
- Train and mentor software engineers, web engineers and platform engineers.
- Consulting with clients on technology solutions that meet their business requirements
- Lead technical projects and teams
- Meet with clients both onsite and remote, leading workshops, discovery sessions, etc.
- Understand and consult on best practices, governance and compliance on marketing automation platforms
Technical Architect Traits:
- You enjoy working closely both with internal teams and directly with clients to architect technology solutions to fulfill clients’ needs and visions for their marketing technology infrastructures.
- You are a visionary. You can help clients see the big picture even though it may be many steps away.
- You are a leader and a mentor. You enjoy coaching the development teams.
- You are passionate about quality and work hard to enforce sound development practices and ensure the quality delivery of enterprise solutions.
- You take ownership of your projects and ensure that quality standards are met from the beginning of the project all the way through delivery and support.
- You enjoy building relationships with people. You strive to be a trusted advisor to our clients.
- You realize that great teamwork is core to successful projects and work hard to ensure the project teams are aligned, utilized, and focused throughout the project.
- You are passionate about technology and stay up to date on the latest tools, languages, methodologies and news relating to enterprise software development and marketing technology.
- You can communicate effectively to various audiences. You can easily explain a complex technical solution to a business user or a business case to a technical person.
- You enjoy working with clients in a consultative manner and strive to help them make the best technology decisions possible.
- You are passionate about delivering documentation and consulting to help clients understand and support the technologies and processes we are building for them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent Business.
- 8+ years experience in developing technology solutions.
- 5+ years experience in managing external client projects in positions of increasing responsibility in the delivery of business consulting and systems development.
- 3+ years experience working on the Marketing Cloud and Salesforce.com platforms.
- Proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes across disparate systems.
- Extraordinary client-facing skills with the ability to solve the client’s needs and manage scope in a positive way.
- Experience with ETL or middleware tools.
- Experience in developing and deploying custom end-user systems.
- Experience overseeing team members.
- Have a thorough understanding of OOP, design patterns, and enterprise application integration.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models and technologies.
- Skilled in all aspects of system design including data modeling, integration design, business process implementation, etc.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time.
Additional Desired Experience:
- Experience with a professional consulting organization.
- Ability to organize and lead client sessions that result in clear requirements and technical design, even when working with non-technical members of client teams.
- Marketing Cloud Certifications including: Email Specialist, Marketing Cloud Developer or Marketing Cloud Consultant
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.