Grain Marketing Specialist-Rice at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The role of the Grain Marketing Specialist will be to talk to farmers all day long concerning cash grain marketing, encouraging the use of the correct cash grain tools for unique situations and articulate cash grain solutions that meet a farmer’s cash flow/logistical needs.
This role will be the primary sales and service touchpoint for our grower customers. They represent Indigo and are well versed in all Indigo value propositions and will be able to execute with the clear objective of supporting the grower in business decisions to help improve profitability on their farm. Customer experience is core to the success of these team members in a quest to develop “enterprise” grower customers.
The role of the Grain Marketing Specialist is to build and maintain close, emotional relationships with Indigo’s grower customers.
- Develop a strong cadence of calls and communications with their in process book of business. Continually developing relationships to create more farm profitability and value for Indigo
- Serves as primary relationship manager for grower-customers and leads grower-facing team of Subject Matter Experts
- Learn the Indigo structured product offerings and Marketplace software
- Have a developed a book of business such that repeat transactions become the norm and we are on track to be transacting 65%+ of each farmer’s grain through Marketplace
- Interact with 100% of assigned leads
- Able to respond to new leads within 24 hours (1 business day)
- Build a book of business (from warm, qualified leads) that are increasingly using Marketplace and other Indigo products
- Maintains grower accounts, sales stages, important notes, and sales process information in salesforce.com, CRM tool and utilizes other sales enablement technologies provided to them
Attributes and Competencies:
- Willingness to work flexible hours to align with customer convenience
- Ability to manager a large portfolio of growers
- Strong Phone skills-ability to develop long term, trusting relationships over the phone
- Familiar with industry products such as HTA, Minimum Price Contracts, etc.
- Experience selling in a team environment
- Analytical and Smart
- Ability to quickly develop relationships with someone over the phone
- High energy
- Flexible in mindset and approach
- Ambitious and successful – high internal drive
- Strong farm acumen
- High ability to use new software and continually learn new functions
- High integrity, ownership, and accountability
- Someone who we would want to be in a room with all day under high pressure
- Ability to sell successfully in a high growth company
- 2+ years of Cash Grain experience
- 2+ years of Salesforce or a CRM system, or equivalent skill set required
- 2+ years of Production Ag, Grain Marketing experience
- Previous experience and Current knowledge about Rice, specifically
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.