At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient is a leading-edge digital consultancy where team members build their careers solving complex and interesting business problems for great brands and clients. Clients love us because we fuse strategy, creative and technology into data-driven solutions – and we bring the full weight of a tech-savvy consulting firm to support our best-of-breed digital consultancy.
This position operates within Perficient’s Commerce Solutions group. We take a data driven approach to garner the insights that, when combined with strategic design thinking and storytelling and subsequently enabled with technology platforms and system integration, helps our clients to dream big and build beautiful digital experiences. Validated with a track record of delivering on time and on budget, we take great pride in our ability to help our clients think big, yet start small and act fast in response to market demands.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an Enterprise Commerce Business Development Executive.
The Enterprise Commerce Business Development Executive is focused on a specific solution set, and is aligned to our Perficient Commerce Solutions' partner relationships. This individual will have assigned territories and will be responsible for solution growth with all clients in their territory. This role works in an overlay capacity with Account Developers and Account Managers in existing clients, but also have the responsibility to open new client relationships.
Your primary responsibility will be to drive growth for Perficient through the selling of services across our Commerce Solutions, Digital Marketing and Agency Services portfolios. You will work through our Alliance Partnerships and other Business Development Executives to develop client solutions encompassing commerce solutions, product information management, order management and other end-to-end digital experiences.
- Drive the end-to-end sales process, working closely with the Perficient delivery team (Initial lead inquiry, qualification using BANT, scoping, estimating, SOW, contract negotiation etc.)
- Create and execute a strategic sales territory/account plan for your book of business: Identifying key stakeholders in the process, needs development and strategic approach to the pitch
- Meet or exceed sales and profitability quotas on a quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain accurate sales forecasting, thoughtful engagement of customers/prospects and resource utilization against any leads
- Participate in and create new go-to-market solutions and messaging for Perficient
- Represent Perficient with client partners and third parties at industry and demand generating events
- Lead the definition and creation of compelling propositions and a vision for each sales opportunity
- Craft and deliver engagement plans for prospective clients through telephone, email, face-to-face meetings, corporate entertainment and all other methods available
- Help refine our sales process to ensure continual improvement of our sales effectiveness, client win-rate and client satisfaction
- Maintain awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing and develop effective approaches to competing and winning against these competitors
- Work with relevant managing directors and consulting practices to develop client offers, proposals, and presentations – ultimately setting relationships and engagements up for long-term success
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with key clients and have full command of their business model, application landscape and how Perficient solutions deliver value
- Develop and manage key selling relationships with partners, clients and Partner Alliance personnel to drive additional new business and provide proper communication on account activity
- Ability to travel to client sites and events where needed (up to 50+% travel)
- Successful track record of achieving and exceeding revenue objectives in complex solutions environment at Fortune 500 clients
- 10+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience.
- Experience crafting and executing plans to close large revenue projects
- Experience with- and deep knowledge of Enterprise-level Commerce Solutions
- Success in selling complex, multi-faceted commerce solutions into matrixed organizations with multiple stakeholders
- Deep knowledge of the commerce, PIM, Order Management, digital marketing and digital experience landscapes
- Significant business relationships and personal network of senior marketing and IT executives
- Extensive vendor-partner network
- Adept at selling commerce (B2B and B2C), order management, customer engagement or similar experience.
- Hunter mentality with the ability to farm existing accounts.
- Knowledge of/experience with structured sales methodologies
- Ability to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and listening skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and team-building skills. Comfort leading complex pursuits involving many disciplines.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index. (#LI-PB1)
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.