Vendr is forever changing how companies buy and renew SaaS. With over $550+ million in SaaS purchases across 1,200+ suppliers, the Vendr SaaS buying platform enables the world’s fastest-growing companies to purchase SaaS, without friction and at a fair price. Headquartered in Boston with a second location in Charleston and over 130+ employees, we are building a team that can take us to the future state of frictionless buying. Some customers include HubSpot, The Washington Post, and DraftKings.
In March 2021 we announced that we raised $60 million at a $600 million valuation for our Series A, backed by Tiger Global (2021), Craft Ventures (David Sacks), Sound Ventures (Ashton Kutcher & Guy Oseary), Y Combinator, and others.
Since 2018, we have:
- Managed $550M+ in software spend
- Saved $99M+ for our customers
- Given our customers thousands of hours back to focus on the important parts of their job
And we’re just getting started. This is your chance to join as we enter hyper-growth and make a massive impact, forever changing the way people buy and sell B2B SaaS.
Vendr is a product and technology company working to help every company buy the right software at the best price. In this role, you’ll own business development and strategic partnerships and report directly to the VP GTM. You’ll work directly with our most important ecosystem partners, own our strategic partnerships strategy, and drive revenue/growth initiatives. While you will report directly to the VP GTM, you will also collaborate regularly with colleagues across all of the GTM functions – Marketing, Sales, Service, Exec Buyers, and Product.
Please note, our headquarters are located in Boston and Charleston but this role can be remote.
What you'll do:
- Own and assess our current partnerships and make recommendations on how to develop those relationships going forward
- Play an integral role in driving the strategic partnerships strategy by identifying new partner opportunities and creating step-change value for our customers and our partners’ customers
- Work cross-functionally with GTM and Product leaders to define priorities and roadmaps and execute on the strategy for initiatives with strategic partners. Work will include business case, negotiations, product alignment, integration development, GTM plans, and account management
- Build joint business plans with our partners for initiatives, including end-to-end GTM plans as well as a robust set of goals, success metrics, and joint accountability
- Manage business and technical negotiations, and partner with our legal team to develop and negotiate custom partnership agreements and repeatable templates to scale to broader ecosystem partnerships
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with all levels of management internally and externally to build and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships
- Manage executive-level contacts with key partners, including executive relationship mapping, QBRs, and C-level stakeholder management
- Own the outcomes – our philosophy behind partnerships is that they must create step-change value for our customers, partners, and Vendr. We measure these outcomes in a few different ways, but you will ultimately be responsible for deciding how we evolve our partner program and the outcomes that accompany that.
What we need:
- A builder and “doer” with proof of entrepreneurial experience. Someone who is not afraid of rolling their sleeves up, diving into the unknown, and dealing with a high level of uncertainty about what comes next
- An individual who is excited to build processes from the ground-up in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Prior experience building partner programs is required
- Previous experience with SaaS partner programs and a high level of SaaS acumen
- High level business acumen and the ability to hold high level, strategic conversations with C-level executives
- A professional with a high EQ - self-awareness, empathy and dealing sensitively with others
- Someone who demonstrates a high level of organization and is committed to quality-driven process methods
- Someone who is going to increase Vendr’s talent density and who will insist on holding that bar high when it comes time to grow the team
- Prior experience at a top consulting firm or equivalent is preferred
Vendr is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. While we are interested in qualified applicants who are permanently eligible to work for any employer in the United States, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship for employment visas at this time.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description