Director, Sales at Notarize
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:20 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, March 20, 2021
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy. Come join us!
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director of Sales will lead and grow the current high-performing sales team to keep pace with the high demand and rapid growth in our mid market customer segment. In this new role you’ll use your consultative leadership skills and growth mindset to inspire a team of AEs and drive winning sales performance.
What you'll do as a Director of Sales at Notarize:
- Put in place the infrastructure, processes, and systems needed to support a high-growth business
- Test and refine customer acquisition strategies through structured sales processes around segment-specific value drivers and compelling stories that highlight the Notarize value proposition
- Communicate clearly, frequently, and cross-functionally to shape solutions that meet client needs and ensure that the appropriate stakeholders are consulted or informed at the relevant times
- Develop strong internal relationships and collaborate across the organization to maximize revenue opportunities and galvanize internal teams to ensure a smooth and efficient process for campaign execution
- Build, coach, and inspire a team of high-performing AEs and SDRs, crafting scalable processes and quantifiable metrics in order to successfully and quickly scale our business for continued growth
- Own the key metrics, quota achievement, and resource planning to ensure maximum sales targets for your team
- Develop the sales playbook for the team and ensure it always accurately reflects current strategies and customer queries
- Report weekly metrics and progress updates and discuss sales strategy with the exec team
- Regularly engage with customers to build strategic relationships, expand empathy, and resolve issues of escalation
- Plan, coordinate and execute sales presentations to inform, persuade, educate and ultimately close business
- Eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
What we're looking for:
- 6+ years of sales experience, at least partly spent within a fast-growing startup or company, including 3+ years managing a high-performing sales team
- Preference for using data to inform the sales process
- Institutional B2B / SaaS sales experience
- Player-coach mentality, with comfort operating at both strategic and hands-on levels
- Thoughtful communication and presentation skills - able to channel different points of view; establish credibility, and build impactful relationships and foster a team atmosphere
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills, collaborating cross-functionally to get information needed to push deals forward and close
- Thorough project management and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to prioritize and shift focus as needed
- Opinions about how best to hire, develop, and retain high-performing sales talent
- A passion for our company’s mission, and enthusiasm for all the innovation and opportunities at Notarize
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.