Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, growth-stage technology company focused on transforming the healthcare payor industry, ultimately creating a more personalized patient experience, improving health outcomes, and lowering the overall cost of healthcare. Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges healthcare data from various sources and formats, allowing our customers to uncover differentiated insights that address their clients' needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers' data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payors access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health plans can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Since our founding in 2017, Abacus has built a highly successful SaaS business, raising more than $53 Million by industry-leading VC firms. We are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is ready for disruption. We're growing quickly and would love for you to be a part of it!
About the Role:
The Director of Sales will be our second hire in our sales department along with our Chief Commercial Officer. This role will report directly to our CCO and be involved in helping to build, define, scale, and continuously improve our sales processes and function. As an early member of our sales organization at Abacus, we are looking for versatile sales talent that has a proven track record of exceeding sales quota, identifying marketing opportunities, and building trusted and strong relationships. In addition to being asked to effectively articulate Abacus Insight’s platform value proposition to prospective stakeholders at all levels, you will also work with internal teams across all functions of the company to help streamline and identify ways to we can deliver value to our customer and prospective customers faster.
What We’re Looking For:
- An ambitious sales individual with 10+ years of experience selling software products or technical solutions in the data management/analytics space.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of the healthcare industry, specifically 5+ years selling into the healthcare payor market.
- Proven sales leader that consistently delivers on sales quota, understands the value of networking and is focused on developing and driving sales from initial outreach to RFP provisioning.
- Out-of-the-box thinker who consistently looks for ways to improve and innovate sales processes and work effectively with internal teams.
- A collaboration-minded person who will work closely with Sales Enablement, Product, and Engineering teams to create solution packages based on client requirements.
- Strong communication skills and ability to conduct in-depth sales presentations including highlighting key benefits and the value of our products.
- A sales technologist who prides themselves in knowing the platform inside and out as well as the competitive landscape.
- Experience selling in a SaaS business model company.
- Ability to form trusted customer relationships with executive sponsors, economic buyers, and end-users at the enterprise level.
- Comfortable with travel and in understanding the best way to build trusted relationships is in-person (currently all remote due to COVID-19 pandemic, but we do envision this changing over time).
- Experience working in a fast-growing company building and bringing new products to market.
- Experience selling software products/solutions on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As a mission-led technology company helping drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams and providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants. Abacus prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type regarding race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.