RightHand Robotics (RHR) is global leader and provider of robotic piece-picking solutions for e-commerce, retail, pharma, health & beauty, grocery, third party logistics (3PL) and other industries. Our industry leading solutions enable warehouse operators to maintain predictable throughput and scale with high productivity as operations grow. RHR’s technology is a software-driven, hardware-enabled solution that enables our robots to fulfill orders by picking and placing everyday items, even those that it has never seen before.
RHR is experiencing strong demand for our product, RightPick, in both the US and international markets. We are looking to grow our team with a business development manager for the Japan market.
We are seeking an independent and self-motivated individual to join our business development team to grow our business in the Japan market. The ideal candidate will have a technical sales background, a consultative sales approach, warehouse and logistics experience, and a track record of success in growing sales for technology based products.
This key contributor will drive the sales process end-to-end with customers and partners: qualifying and developing leads, identifying sales opportunities, building key relationships with customers, leading and closing sales negotiations, and growing sales per plan. Additionally, this individual will provide commercial and technical support to our existing customers by coordinating both US and local resources to achieve customer satisfaction.
This role is located in Japan, but regular trips to our headquarters in the Boston area will be required.
- Achieve sales targets (bookings and number of robotic picking systems) for direct customers and partner pilot projects that can scale in the future
- Manage and grow a sales opportunity pipeline across Retail, Distribution, 3rd Party Logistics Providers, and e-commerce to support and validate the sales plan
- Support integration partners to make sales and support RHR as part of their go to market strategy
- Travel to customer sites in Japan to discuss customer requirements, sell the RHR value, and make sales presentations to key decision makers
- Actively participate in trade shows and marketing events to grow the RHR’s presence in Japan
- Support existing customers to achieve total customer satisfaction and referenceability to enable growth in the Japanese market
- Manage project schedules and deliverables to the customer
- Manage customer expectations about product performance and project / feature timelines
- Bridge communication between customers and RHR engineering by collecting performance feedback, etc
- Participate in weekly internal and external customer meetings to support the ‘voice of the customer’
- Identify and manage risks to customer success
- Work with RHR product team to guide product to meet Japanese market requirements
- Have recent and significant (5+ years) experience closing capital equipment deals ($150K-$2.0M) which include hardware, software, and professional services
- Work well in a team environment with technical solutions and engineering people to create a system design and proposal which meets the customer needs
- Have experience in a small company or startup environment, and are comfortable working within a fast paced environment
- Have strong organization and time management skills
- Have excellent communication of technical and business concepts in English and Japanese (verbal and especially written)
- Bonus: relevant experience in warehouse automation or supply chain
Position will require 40-60% travel. Frequent visits to prospect sites and existing customer sites throughout the region.
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early stage company with lots of potential.
- Passionate and fun teammates.
- Flexible vacation and work schedule.
- Generous premium coverage for medical and dental plans.
- Robots, galore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.