At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
END-TO-END IS JUST THE BEGINNING
We are a leading-edge digital consultancy where team members build their careers solving complex and interesting business problems for great brands and clients. Clients love us because we fuse strategy, creative and technology into data-driven solutions – and we bring the full weight of a tech-savvy consulting firm to support our best-of-breed digital consultancy.
This position operates within Digital Marketing Solutions group. We take a data driven approach to garner the insights that, when combined with strategic design thinking and storytelling and subsequently enabled with technology platforms and system integration, helps our clients drive meaningful and profitable customer relationships. Validated with a track record of delivering on time and on budget, we take great pride in our ability to help our clients think big, yet start small and act fast in response to market demands.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Digital Marketing Business Developer to drive new client revenue and achieve our aggressive sales growth goals.
As a Digital Marketing Sales Portfolio Specialist for Perficient, your primary responsibility will be to drive growth for the Digital Marketing Solutions group. This individual will have national coverage and responsible for net-new growth within that territory. The portfolio of solutions includes Digital Marketing Strategy, Conversion Optimization, Paid Media (Search, Display, Social), SEO, Content, Analytics, and Marketing Automation – with a key focus on closing long-term, AOR relationships.
You will manage the sales process and pursuit strategies that leverage Perficient Digital’s solutions to meet the challenges our clients and prospects face.
- Be responsible for your own sales forecasting, engagement of customers/prospects and resource utilization against any leads
- Participate in and create new go-to-market solutions and messaging for Perficient
- Drive the end-to-end sales process, working closely with the Perficient digital marketing delivery teams (Initial lead inquiry, qualification using BANT, scoping, estimating, SOW, contract negotiation etc.)
- Represent Perficient with client partners and third parties at industry and demand generating events.
- Lead the definition and creation of compelling propositions and a vision for each sales opportunity
- Conduct outbound prospecting to net new target accounts
- Create and execute a strategic sales territory/account plan for your book of business: Identifying key stakeholders in the process, needs development and strategic approach to the pitch
- Craft and deliver engagement plans for prospective clients through telephone, email, face-to-face meetings, corporate entertainment and all other methods available
- Refine our sales process to ensure continual improvement of our sales effectiveness, client win-rate and client satisfaction
- Work with relevant DM Strategists to develop client offers, proposals, and presentations – ultimately setting relationships and engagements up for long-term success
- Build relationships with Perficient Local Business Unit (LBU) sellers and their respective General Managers to drive referral opportunities for your pipeline
- Manage the overall relationship and communication with key clients and have full command of their business model and how Perficient Digital Marketing solutions delivers value.
- Track communications w/ leads and prospects to support reporting & analytics
- Maintain contacts & opportunities in Salesforce.com to support reporting & analytics
- Keep up with industry trends and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources around prospecting and social selling
- Maintain Awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing and develop effective approaches to competing and winning against these competitors
- Ability to travel to client sites and events where needed (up to 50+% travel).
- Meet or exceed sales and profitability quotas on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Successful track record of selling digital marketing-oriented professional service solutions for digital agencies and digital consultancies at Fortune 1000 clients
- A clear track record of identifying and closing long-term, cross-practice, AOR-type relationships including DM Solutions such as DM Strategy, Conversion Optimization, Paid Media (Search, Display, Social), SEO, Content, Analytics, and Marketing Automation
- Minimum of 7 years of experience managing complex sales cycles
- Significant business relationships and personal network of senior marketing executives
- Extensive experience crafting and executing plans to close service engagements and large revenue projects
- Extensive knowledge of the digital marketing and digital experience landscape
- Hunter mentality
- Knowledge of/experience with structured sales methodologies, e.g., Strategic Selling, Solution Selling, SPIN, Power based Selling, Target Account Selling.
- Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and listening skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and team-building skills, comfort leading complex pursuits
- Previous experience with end-to-end acquisition, engagement, and retention digital marketing services and solutions
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.