AWS Solutions Architect at Perficient
At Perficient you’ll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you’ll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world’s biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We’re proud to be publicly recognized as a “Top Workplace” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for an AWS Solutions Architect. This is a remote role working Pacific Time Zone Hours.Possible travel post COVD.
Perficient is seeking a senior AWS technologist with extensive experience in AWS Cloud. This role will focus on researching and identifying AWS service resiliency characteristics and failure modes, designing experimentation to validate its resiliency behavior, surfacing any potential weakness/issues, working with AWS engineers in clarifying and engineering to resolve those weakness/issues, and working with other engineers to solution for the required level of resiliency. The role will require that the individual be familiar with current and emerging cloud technologies, tools and system architectures. The role requires an individual who can work closely with application developers, architects and infrastructure engineers to deliver resilient solution in a team oriented environment. The expectation is that this candidate will work with other principal technologists in the organization to develop a resiliency model for supporting our applications’ business and technical requirements as we establish a significant presence within the Cloud landscape.
- Provide mentoring, knowledge transfer and assist in training for other team members.
- Understand business goals and drivers and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
- Identify explicit/implicit technical assumption and devise corresponding experimentation to validate the key resiliency assumptions.
- Participate in the definition of high availability and resilience standard and best practices for services from AWS and other internal/external providers.
- Participate in the assessment of service readiness for tiered business application and service adoption.
- Participate in the establishment of appropriate monitoring and alerting of service events related to performance, scalability, availability, and reliability.
- Contribute to cloud strategy discussions and decisions on overall Cloud design and best approach for implementing cloud solutions.
- Focus on continuous improvement practices as required to meet system resiliency imperatives
- Act as a liaison with other architects (security, infrastructure, data, etc.) and with delivery teams working primarily within an Agile (Scrum) methodology
- Establishes relationships with IT leaders, architects, and technical specialists in advancing proposed resiliency solutions
- Support for the adoption of DevOps methodology and Agile project management
- Communicates complicated technical concepts effectively to a broad group of stakeholders.
- Engage with Technical Architects and technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions technical leadership, impacting significant technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the design & implementation of distributed applications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in highly available architecture and solution implementation on AWS and on prem data centers
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in architecting and delivering AWS solutions
- Hands on knowledge with AWS Lambda, S3, IAM and cloud native application development.
- Working knowledge of AWS RDS, RedShift, Glue, DynamoDB.
- Strong hands on experience provisioning cloud infrastructure using CloudFormation or Terraform scripts.
- Strong hands-on experience in provisioning and managing EKS clusters on AWS using Terraform.
- Proficient in designing and developing CI/CD pipelines to deploy workloads on EKS clusters.
- Experience with a back end scripting language - Java, Node, Python
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques across the disaster recovery discipline
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting technical documents.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Must be open to travel post COVID
Preferred skills and education:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Certification in AWS preferred
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of AWS cloud environment
- Knowledge of AWS cloud monitoring tools (cloud watch, cloud trail, splunk, and other application monitoring.)
- Knowledge of AWS Identity Access Management (IAM)
- In-depth, hands-on expertise in Java, MySQL, Linux
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of various solution architecture alternatives
- Must be comfortable working in an open, highly collaborative team
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to write scripts (Bash, PHP, Python) for automation of solution resiliency validation and verification.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with and ability to communicate at all levels.
- Experience with provisioning and configuration tools like AWS CloudFormation/Terraform a plus
- Chaos engineering experience a huge plus.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. #LI-AB1