Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use. We're a woman-founded MIT startup with a mission to make cities smart, social, and sustainable.
We are seeking a driven sales professional to work alongside SMB and regional brands in need of a hyperlocal marketing vehicle in Soofa neighborhoods in Greater Boston, Atlanta, and beyond. You will provide a consultative approach to every sale and help our clients grow their impact on a local level and enhance their communities.
Success in this role is measured by hitting and exceeding monthly sales goals, consistently staying ahead of daily metrics, and handling rejection in stride, all while operating in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Identify, qualify and develop SMB and Regional advertising business at or beyond company targets
- Hunt and close new business
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual booking goals
- Own and manage a diverse pipeline of clients ranging from cultural intitutions and corporate recruiting to local travel and CPGs—and everything between and beyond
- Work cross-departmentally to build and strengthen product, brand, and market reputation
- Prepare and present advertising proposals with prospects and guide them through the buying process
- Critically evaluate performance and track opportunities for best practices
- 1+ years' full-cycle sales experience
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed quotas and goals
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- An active listener with a passion for learning about people, businesses, and communities
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Able to navigate objections and willing to build something new
- Able to inspire others to try new things and feel good about doing so
- Curious, driven, great at time management, and coachable
Bonus Points For
- OOH experience
- Media sales experience
- Prior success in a startup environment
- Experience working with SMBs in a sales capacity
- Experience creating visual art
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Free short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Virtual team events
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.