Strategy Advancement Advisor at Humana Studio_h
The Strategy Advancement Advisor provides data-based strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. Provides business intelligence and strategic planning support for business segments or the company at large. The Strategy Advancement Advisor works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
Location: work at home anywhere but strong preference in Louisville, KY
The Kidney Care Team at Humana has developed a strategy to focus on Chronic Kidney Disease with a goal of delaying the onset of dialysis, increase kidney transplants, and if dialysis becomes necessary; support dialysis in the home setting. The Strategy Advancement Advisor will be on the front lines of implementing this strategy. In this role you will:
- Provide GAP analysis of transplant process internally and externally
- Understand volume of transplants and success rate
- Understand cost of transplant and on-going cost and reimbursement
- Understand transplant evaluation process, and what disqualifies a member from acceptance on transplant list
- Understand what moves someone higher on transplant list
- Advise the creation of Centers for Transplant Excellence.
- Drive all members with CKD Stage 4/5 to transplant list.
- Identify roles of pharmacy team, transplant team, and medical director.
- Distinguish any market differences and trends.
- Identify low penetration areas for home dialysis
- Meet with market / physician to understand variances.
- Understand why patient would not want to shift to home dialysis and levers to change.
- Understand home dialysis rates across the country.
- Understand difference in medical / Rx costs for someone on home dialysis.
- Create model that shows as home dialysis adoption increases savings to also continue.
- Create path to increase home dialysis to 25% adoption rate.
- Understand the data that shows End of Life as it relates to kidney disease.
- Create strategy to be more intentional with palliative care offering with patients and physicians.
- Evaluate current programs and market place for right partner in kidney care.
- Evaluate current programs holistically including finances.
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- 8+ years of consulting experience
- 2+ years of project leadership experience
- Strong interest in population health management
- Ability to drive significant transformation
- Solid track record of driving solutions that achieved clinical and financial outcomes
- Competence working on very large and most complex assignments
- Strong ability to drive cross functional teams to alignment in the midst of ambiguity
- Ability to adapt quickly and juggle multiple competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably and effectively communicate with a variety of business leaders from operators, to physicians, to management
- Master’s degree
- Clinical experience
- Experience with kidney disease
Humana is an organization with careers that change lives—including yours. As an innovator in the fast-paced industry of healthcare, we offer our associates careers that challenge, support and inspire them to use their passion for helping others and to lead their best lives. If you’re ready to help people achieve lifelong well-being, and be a part of an organization that is growing and poised to make an impact on the future of healthcare, Humana has the right opportunity for you.
Scheduled Weekly Hours