Sr. Manager, Service Delivery at Nuance
Nuance is the pioneer and leader in conversational artificial intelligence (AI) innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. We deliver solutions that understand, analyze, and respond to people, amplifying human intelligence to increase productivity and improve security. With decades of both domain and AI expertise, we work with thousands of organizations across a wide range of industries.
Join our team! At Nuance, we are constantly reinventing how people connect with technology and with each other. Our AI-powered solutions empower organizations to transform “business as usual.” For decades, the world’s leading financial, healthcare, telecommunications, retailers, and government organizations have trusted Nuance to bring them award-winning solutions that deliver more meaningful outcomes and empower a smarter, more connected world. From clinical speech recognition technologies that free physicians to spend more time caring for patients to real-time intelligence that powers billions of customer interactions, we’re deeply committed to helping organizations push the boundaries of what’s possible.
The Manager, Service Delivery leads a team of Service Delivery Managers who play a pivotal role in maintaining customer satisfaction and loyalty by acting as the client advocate on operational and service management matters. Service Delivery Managers lead customer interaction on service related issues and orchestrate actions within Nuance to ensure quick resolution. They are responsible for overseeing technical issue resolution, triage and escalation management, fulfilling data requests and facilitate client requests for change, service issues, SLA uptimes, provide reporting and strengthen the customer relationship through the delivery of exceptional service. The Sr. Manager, Service Delivery will be responsible not only for their own book of clients but also for defining, implementing and monitoring processes to standardize tactical and technical execution of Nuance’s service delivery strategy.
- Enable the team’s collective success, delivering business outcomes and building a cohesive, high-caliber organization.
- Coach and hold team members accountable to improving performance and skills and maintaining outstanding customer support.
- Hold regular team meetings and 1x1’s and foster an inclusive culture of high-performance, accountability and continuous improvement
- Maintain high level technical knowledge of Nuance solutions and future product direction
- Provide customer specific application, solution and product support expertise
- Have a detailed knowledge of the services provided to each account
- Understand the effect a service outage may have from the customer perspective
- Study technical inputs from multiple parties and communicate status and decisions
- Understand technical tasks independently, and in conjunction with subject matter experts.
- Utilize internal resources to diagnose and resolve technical and process issues
- Help define and improve customer SLA’s
- Build relationships and rapport with key customer contacts
- Effectively keep others adequately informed by presenting information to management, public groups, and/or executives using the appropriate communication methods
- Hold weekly/monthly meetings with customer both in person and by conference call
- Document meeting minutes and outcomes and ensure actions are completed timely and escalated where needed
- Provide weekly/monthly customer reports on service requests and issues including:
- SLA reporting
- Continuous Improvement efforts
- Incident Management & Escalation
- Root cause analysis
- Change Management
- Be responsive to the customer in any and all requests or issues
- Act as an escalation point for issues reported into the NOC and serve as main interface between the customer and internal technical departments
- Review open requests and communicate with appropriate groups within Nuance to make sure all requests are being handled appropriately
- Attend scheduled meetings(conference calls or in-person meetings) for regular work planning, change control reviews and one-off projects. Responsible for setting agenda items for many of these meetings
- Create, deliver, and present preliminary and final Root Cause Analysis reports in conjunction with contracts & standards
- Manage Operational readiness process
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field or equivalent work experience required. MBA preferred
Years of Experience: 12+
- Minimum eight years of experience working in a technical customer support and/or service management role in a hosted environment
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to build, motivate and inspire global teams working under tight timelines
- Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts
- A strong aptitude and desire for learning new technologies and practices
- The ability to prioritize, delegate and manage multiple tasks and conflicts
- Outstanding ability to diagnose problems which could be related to process, technology, strategy or people and put in place actions/measures
- High attention to detail and organization; must be able to organize documentation/content in an efficient and user-friendly manner
- Experience presenting in front of senior leadership
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies, including senior level executives
- Must be customer service oriented and believe in teamwork, collaboration, adaptability & Initiative.
- Demonstrable success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fastpaced environment.
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Willingness to 'roll up one's sleeves' and assist wherever needed
- Prior experience with and a solid understanding of private cloud (VMWare) and public cloud (Azure, AWS)
International experience/global mindset – self-awareness of communication styles and cultural differences
- Prior ITIL experience or certification
- Experience working in a SAAS or Managed Services environment
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communications, Inc. (“Nuance”) is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.