Project Manager (Operations) at Nuance
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
Summary: To be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals resulting in high customer satisfaction & system utilization.
• Direct accountability and responsibility for overall project success from start to finish
• Managing the relationships with client and partner stakeholders to ensure their satisfaction throughout the project
• Working closely with the internal customer to review, analyze, understand, and define the high level Project Requirements: Objectives, Scope, Schedule Milestones
• Leading and Managing the internal Nuance project team to execute the project according to plan
• Proactively managing and resolving issues to minimize crisis and escalations, and proactively informing and engaging Senior Management in advance when they can't be avoided
• Providing leadership, guidance, and assistance to project team members as required
• Learning and Complying with all internal Project Management Methodology, Policies, & Procedures
• Providing constructive feedback and suggestions on internal Process improvements
• Leading and Managing Process Improvement Projects as needed
• Drive multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Own and nurture relationships between cross-functional teams
• The role is responsible for all aspects of the management of a program’s activities including program development, launch, execution, measurement, tracking and reporting.
• Develop and manage a comprehensive program, set of programs or complex projects that support the Healthcare Sales organization’s goals and initiatives, ensuring desired objectives are achieved in a timely manner
• Drive and manage strategic programs / projects by developing plans, schedule, budget, distributing tasks, track performance, provide feedback, resolve issues and manage change to optimize program/project performance
• Create and achieve cross-functional alignment on program objectives, critical success factors, key performance I indicators and value-driven outcomes
• Establish metrics and dashboards to measure the level of success of each initiative. Develop, measure, track, and report on programs progress and impact against objectives
• Identify, create and maintain necessary artifacts (i.e. charter, agendas, status reports, project plans), reporting needs and manage action items and follow up
• Develop and execute internal rollout plans including internal training and communications planning
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 8+
• Intermediate level or above with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams, Project
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in managing cross-functional teams of diverse subject-matter experts
• Ability to build comprehensive project plans consisting of business analysis findings, strategic direction, data supported conclusions and timelines
• Ability to use conceptual and innovative thinking (i.e. identifying new/different solutions) to solve issues. Able to look beyond immediate problems for wider implications and determines best path forward.
• Attentive to detail and quality oriented; ability to execute in a timely and accurate manner
• Ability to understand and analyze reporting metrics
• Ability to work independently, superior organization and planning skills to plan and prioritize work and respond to conflicting deadlines and manage multiple assignments.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise mature judgement, discuss problems, analyze solutions/options, evaluate and enable improved processes and manage ambiguity.
• Willing to travel (up to 10%)
Preferred Skills: PMP Certification, Master’s Degree
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.