Procurement and Logistics Specialist at RightHand Robotics
At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing, and highly capable team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product is empowering the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, even better - read on!
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our growing Finance team as a Procurement and Logistics Specialist. Your primary responsibilities will be to own/drive the procurement process, and track and coordinate the movement of all robots shipping from our office to our customer sites. You will devise, implement and manage the tools to execute the responsibilities above.
Outside of the Finance organization, you will join a diverse team with expertise spanning machine learning, software, mechanical & electrical engineering, and manufacturing - this role will interact on a daily basis with all members across the organization.
Who you are:
- Have BS/BA in supply chain management, economics, finance, accounting, or a relevant field and 1-3 years of professional experience
- Approach your work with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Have excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- You learn new things quickly and can teach others
- Self managed and team oriented
- Run a tight ship in your relentless quest to keep stakeholders across the organization in line when it comes to processes you are responsible for
- Flexible. Our teams and customers expect a high level of service. This is why we ask that you have the flexibility to collaborate outside of regular work hours (weekends, holidays) and wear different hats from time to time to meet the needs of our global customers
What you will do:
- Own procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings, proper documentation, and best practices
- Prepare requisitions and purchase orders
- Drive contract negotiations, and partner with vendors to establish terms
- Align stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Resolve invoice price and terms discrepancies to enable order processing and payment
- Assist finance team throughout the procurement cycle to augment forecasting results
- Assist Materials Manager in vendor selection, management, performance and inventory accuracy
- Assist with month end close financial processes
- Recommend new processes or systems for improvement; implement new ideas and strategies
- Manage and augment the company’s outbound shipping processes
- Manage and qualify potential shippers / 3PL partners to assist with all shipments from HQ
- Coordinate the logistics of all freight and standard shipments both internationally and domestically (e.g. own paperwork, scheduling and pickup/delivery, customs, etc.)
- Initiate and track RMA’s and shipment of spares to the Support and Deployment teams
- Manage document workflow to ensure current, accurate and complete audit records
Our perks include:
- The opportunity to make an immediate and visible impact in an early stage company with lots of potential
- Play a key role in the scale of an Operations department, where there will be endless opportunities to define and accelerate your career path
- Passionate and fun teammates
- Flexible vacation and work schedule
- Ability to work remotely part-time
- Generous premium coverage for medical plans, and stock options
- Most importantly, ROBOTS, galore!
RightHand Robotics (RHR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We have an ongoing commitment to the creation of a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. RHR recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, height, weight, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. At RHR, we are committed to a fair and equitable workplace where everyone is a respected and a valued member of the team.