Job Role and Responsibilities
VMWare's Security Business Unit, which is centered around the VMWare Carbon Black platform, is a leader in endpoint and workload security. Our software protects customers from small to medium businesses all the way through 34 of the fortune 100 with over 18,000 customers worldwide. Our Engineering team is staffed by fantastic engineers who are building innovative, world class security solutions using the latest technologies.
Our Engineering Program Managers (EPMs) work to promote a culture of agility, operational rigor, visibility, accountability, and data-informed decisions. They are responsible for coordinating execution across many functional teams to execute the product roadmap. They partner with BU leadership to drive transformation that results in greater organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Driving cross functional programs through the full project / program lifecycle with visible results to deliver capabilities and value to customers
- Information driven management of execution, risks and dependencies
- Ability to connect the dots between functions and processes in terms of broader business implications, including tactical, strategic, and enterprise dependencies, with an awareness of the up/downstream requirements Partnering very closely with counterpart EPMs, Engineering and PM leadership
- Providing clear, concise, and insightful communication to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders
- Defining program reviews to provide feedback and requirements for future projects
- BA/BS minimum
- 5+ years’ experience in leading/managing large scale software product projects,
- 2+ years’ experience with agile development practices and product life cycle experience
- Program/project portfolio management experience, managing a portfolio at a business unit or corporate level
- Very well versed with collaboration tools, Jira, Confluence
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-01-08
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.