Supplier Performance Manager, China at Perch (Remote)
Perch is creating the next generation Consumer Products company by becoming the first technology-based scale operator of top eCommerce microbrands. Microbrands selling through marketplaces like Amazon are already transforming global retail - Amazon’s 3rd party marketplace alone was $300B in 2020. Perch is disrupting and accelerating this space by acquiring great brands and making them even better. We look for successful, profitable businesses that sell top-ranked products with differentiated customer feedback. The Perch platform integrates those businesses into a scale operating company and accelerates the products to the next level of sales and profitability. We are a key resource for entrepreneurs who want liquidity and a key partner for Amazon and other retail channels by offering exceptional products, great customer service, and great value.
Perch has raised over $900M and has acquired over 70 brands, and will be scaling our US, Europe, and Asia footprint considerably over the next year. Central to our success is the ability to strategically source new suppliers in key geographies throughout Asia. Building a robust supply chain is one of the most challenging and important parts of our success as a company. We are looking for talented operators who have a track record of delivering results in ambiguous situations.Responsibilities
This person will partner internally and externally to drive business outcomes through our existing and future 3rd party manufacturer base. Responsibilities include:
- Help build and maintain a clear understanding of the manufacturing base. Understand the categories, who the key manufacturers are in each category, identify risks and opportunities.
- Manage performance. Use internal tools to monitor key performance indicators - such as cost, quality, lead time, etc - and drive performance improvement for a subset of manufacturers.
- Establish and leverage relationships. Work with internal teams to onboard manufacturers to the Perch platform, then build positive, productive partnerships to make Perch a customer of choice.
- Assist with compliance. Manage manufacturer-level as well as product-level certifications. Work internally and with 3rd parties to execute testing and certification when needed/requested.
- Troubleshoot issues. Work to resolve ad hoc issues, such as capacity limitations, quality dips, lack of certifications, and anything else that may come up.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial, analytical, and action-oriented person to join our core supply chain team. The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or related experience (working with or at manufacturers)
- 5+ years of experience working directly with manufacturers.
- Has demonstrated the ability to consistently improve manufacturer performance.
- Experience negotiating with manufacturers.
- Has great attention to detail.
- Able to collaborate effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Excited at the prospect of being a part of a rapidly growing company.
Perch is one of the fastest-growing eCommerce companies in Boston. Perch acquires and develops great eCommerce brands. We are backed by amazing investors (SoftBank, Spark Capital, Tectonic Ventures, and Boston Seed). Our team has deep expertise in eCommerce, technology, and M&A. We are disrupting one of the largest and most exciting spaces of eCommerce and are building an industry-shaping platform. Our aim is to have a workplace and company that positively impacts the lives of others, including our employees, their families, the entrepreneurs and vendors we work with, and our end customers.
Perch is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.What Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Means to Us
At Perch, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on our customers, teams, partners, and the community around us.
We believe we can maximize this impact by seeking out diverse experiences and perspectives and by promoting empathy and learning through allyship. We understand diversity is an engine that powers innovation and problem-solving. Our commitment to equity and inclusion fuels us to delight our customers. We trust that our shared success will come from building an organization where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, religions, abilities, ages, and backgrounds feel valued, celebrated, and empowered.
We know this vision requires continuous effort, and we are committed to putting in the work to ultimately reach our highest Perch.