Boston-based company Piaggio Fast Forward Inc. (PFF) was founded in 2015 by the Piaggio Group (the Italian manufacturer that created the iconic Vespa scooter). We are on a mission to build technology products that move the way that people move. In order to bring products to market today, PFF is solving the problem of robotic interaction with people in dynamically changing environments. We’re innovators, neighbors and creators with a passion for local living and pushing the limits on urban transportation. We support a sustainable mobility ecology with healthy lifestyles and social connectivity available to all, regardless of age or abilities.
PFF is looking for an Office Manager who can take ownership of our office facilities and day-to-day office operations, and champion our employee engagement and company culture!
The Office Manager at Piaggio Fast Forward is proactive and resourceful. This role is responsible for managing the day-to-day office tasks and performing a wide variety of administrative duties and projects. The office manager is a team player required to work cross-functionally, interacting with staff at all levels in our fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism. This position will ensure that our office environment creates an ideal experience for all of our teams, while also bringing our mission and values to life. The person in this role will support the ongoing maintenance of our physical office space, coordinate the execution of employee events, as well as overseeing and supporting all office processes with a focus on employee safety, well-being, and morale.
The Office Manager will work within the People Operations team to bring innovative new ideas to team initiatives, culture-building events and business efficiencies. As a member of the People Operations team, this role is critical in helping us create an inclusive environment where a diverse group of people can and want to do their best work. This is an in-office role in our Boston offices.
- Works with a high level of autonomy and initiative
- Manages PFF office locations and facilities; point of contact for outside vendors and building management; source and manage operational vendors
- Manage group calendars, meetings, conference rooms, expense reports and prepare necessary materials as needed
- Manage both office kitchens including stocking and ordering; monitor and assist in the general upkeep of the locations
- Upkeep of conference rooms, office supplies, new hire swag; take pride in presenting our space with the best foot forward always
- Manage and track office budgets
- Manage and facilitate company and employee events
- Respond to a variety of requests for information, policies & procedures, and executive action.
- Coordinate Executive team meetings; including board meetings, offsite meetings, and events
- Work closely with People Operations to assist with onboarding/offboarding, and other People tasks as needed
- Responsible for the upkeep of company wiki pages, handbooks, and onboarding information
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and discretion in written and verbal communications
- Independently perform special projects as requested
- Comfortably interface with all levels of staff and stakeholders in and outside the organization
- Manage corporate apartment
- Own weekly company newsletter
- Assist in cultivating employee culture and engagement; report on employee engagement surveys
- Curate green initiatives and programs for the company
- Point of contact for company travel and arrangements
- Maintain office safety programs
- 2-3 years related experience in a fast pace environment
- Must be well organized with high attention to detail; high accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Experience handling confidential information and documents
- Ability to prioritize work in a multi-tasking environment while meeting deadlines
- Experience in managing a busy office in a corporate environment
- Ability to track and spend according to allocated budget
- Passion or experience with DEI initiatives a bonus
Commitment to Diversity
We strive to create a workforce that embraces every culture, language, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, background and experience. PFF has multiple DEI programs in place for our employees; including a mentorship program, regular pay equity audits, DEI training, and a standardized interviewing framework that is focused on "culture add". These programs support an equitable and inclusive workplace, that promote the growth, retention, and recruiting of women and BIPOC in the workplace.
Note: Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements listed we encourage you to apply. Think of it more as looking for some of the items listed, not all.