Product Marketing Manager - Emerging Products
About our team…
Rapid7’s Product Marketing team is responsible for leading go-to-market strategy and execution for our portfolio of products and services.
Reporting directly to the Director of Product Marketing for Emerging Products, this role serves two primary functions: market analysis & testing, and the development and execution of go-to-market strategy for newly developed and acquired technologies.
A critical capability of this role is to develop an effective test and learn loop that allows us to rapidly hypothesize, test, and adapt to achieve effective positioning, product-market fit and go-to-market success.This role requires a leader who is able to succeed with limited resources and budget, operate with ambiguity, use data for better decision making, and inspire others.
When developing go-to-market strategy, you will work with cross functional teams to determine effective positioning, packaging, promotions, and distribution channels. Upon the successful development of a go-to-market plan, you will be responsible for serving as the cross-functional leader, partnering across Sales, Product, Marketing, Operations, Finance, IT, Customer Success, and Support teams to bring your solution to market and drive recurring revenue for the business.
Here's what you'll be up to...
- Champion the effort to continuously experiment with different go-to-market strategies, applying learnings along the way.
- Work with teams across the organization to research, plan and implement go-to-market tactics that drive demand, customer adoption & success, and revenue.
- Know our customers, their pain points and their success stories. Drive customer fluency throughout the organization.
- Thoroughly understand and stay abreast of the customer and competitive landscape, Rapid7’s products, and industry news to best influence our marketing strategy.
- Lead and take accountability for business results.
- Be an evangelist and spokesperson for your solution, communicating and educating internal and external stakeholders (customers, channel partners, press, industry analysts).
- Develop and help refine marketing content including sales collateral, thought-leadership presentations, speaking engagement abstracts, website content, videos, blogs, press releases, bylined articles, webcasts, whitepapers and more.
- Position our sales channels to win through effective sales enablement (and participate in sales calls when needed).
- Represent the go-to-market point of view in product strategy discussions.
Enough about us… let’s talk about you!
- 5+ years product marketing experience
- Ability to work out of the Boston office full-time
- B2B marketing experience within the technology industry, preferably the cybersecurity industry
- Proven skills in customer research, market and message testing, and bringing new products to market
- Outstanding verbal communications and skilled in creating content and delivering presentations to support sales and marketing initiatives.
- Strong writer and collaborator who understands how to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to translate technical concepts into business value for internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get things done with a limited set of resources.
- Collaborative and team-oriented, with an ability to build strong working relationships across levels, departments, and geographically dispersed office locations.
- Available for occasional travel to industry conferences and events.
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to making the world a safer place through innovative cybersecurity solutions. With over 7,200 customers (including half of the Fortune 100) across 120 countries, Rapid7 aims to give Security, IT, and Development teams the tools needed to dramatically improve their security operations. Consistently named one of the best places to work by the Boston Business Journal, Rapid7 views its people as its most important asset and invests heavily in employee career development and company culture.