People Operations Coordinator at Indigo
We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The role of the People Operations Coordinator will be to provide first-line internal customer support (Employee & People Business Partner) and general People administrative support for Indigo’s People Team. This role will serve as one of three team members working on The People Operations Desk (POD). This role reports to the Senior Manager of Benefits and People Operations.
People Operations Desk (POD)
- Review & resolve requests coming through the People Operations Desk ticket system from People Business Partners, employees & managers
- Monitor and manage ticket resolution within established Service Level Agreement timeframes
- Escalate requests to key stakeholders/COE partners as needed.
- Works closely with Payroll team ensuring timely communication of transactions within established Payroll deadlines
- Perform administrative transactions, audits, and data maintenance of HR/People Team data in Workday.
- Assist in ad-hoc People Team projects and initiatives
- Is knowledgeable about Indigo’s benefits, policies, and procedures to deliver high-quality, accurate service
- Handles New Hire Onboarding; including host & present New Hire People Orientation, I-9’s, E-Verifies, & additional related tasks
- Responsible for all tasks involved in contract & temporary employee onboarding and offboarding
- Maintains an accurate list of contractors/temporary employees including their contract end dates, and communicating with key stakeholders to initiate onboarding or exit actions as their contract dictates
Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates, and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Time management, attention to detail, and organization skills in order to handle multiple tasks
- Professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Able to keep sensitive info confidential
- Can handle repetitive work with a positive attitude
- Ability to improve process if known error is raised
- Strong teamwork orientation both within and across teams, and ability to thrive on a diverse team
- Understands upstream/downstream impacts
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience, and customer service/centric orientation with desire to help resolve requests
- Understanding of deadlines and what it takes to meet them
- 3+ years of experience in a detail-oriented, operations role, i.e., People Ops coordinator, HR Specialist, HR Coordinator, etc.
- Proven success in fast-paced support or administrative capacity
- Experience conducting I9s & E-Verify requests
- Prior experience working with People & Finance systems, Payroll & Benefit support
- Microsoft Outlook, Workday, and Microsoft Suite preferred
- Passion & interest for People Ops
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet. Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list below aren’t an exact match... great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status