Director, Human Resources Business Partner - M&A at Thrasio
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:42 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Director, Human Resources Business Partner - M&A will contribute both strategically and tactically to help our amazing teams grow sustainably at record speed. In this role, you will leverage your skills in people development, org design, organizational effectiveness and more to help our newly acquired companies as they transition into the Thrasio ecosystem. Additionally, you will help create and document our people integration playbook and strategy.
The incumbent in this role thrives in high-velocity, unstructured environments and is a strategic thinker, builder and implementer across a wide array of people initiatives. S/he/they will be a clear, consistent and empathetic communicator, someone who excels at relationship building, who is constantly innovating and has entrepreneurial instincts, who naturally absorbs new information, and who has a contagious drive for excellence and accountability.
Responsibilities may include:
- Assist with the HR due diligence and post-acquisition integration of newly acquired brands and companies for transactions of all types and sizes. Identify risks and create forward-thinking mitigation plans while collaborating with counterparts from other areas across the business.
- Partner with business leaders at varying levels to support organizational change, talent management, organizational design, career pathing, leadership planning and the implementation of programs that strengthen manager effectiveness.
- Foster organizational health by ensuring that teams are structured in a way that is efficient and strategic.
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues as they arise and conduct objective investigations when needed while educating the business on HR processes, policies, and compliance.
- Collaborate with HR and senior leadership to build impactful and scalable programs and processes that shape culture, drive employee engagement and support and drive the needs of the business.
What you bring to the party:
- 7 years experience in an HR leadership role, ideally in a high-growth tech or start-up environment
- Advanced knowledge and skills in multiple HR functions including: org design, organizational effectiveness, compensation, benefits, employee relations, and talent management.
- Experience supporting distributed, global teams while working across different time zones and geographies, critical as we scale our global organization.
- Self-directed style, you must be comfortable functioning in an environment where you will often be leading the charge and proactively raising up questions or issues as you see fit.
- Proven ability to drive change management in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking acumen with an ability to make timely, effective, ethics-based decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Expertise in navigating within ambiguous situations, with high levels of autonomy.
- Exceptional influencing, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Must be humble, results-oriented, collaborative, and have a sense of humor and a strong EQ.
Nice to have:
- Experience supporting HR M&A deal due diligence and integrations.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.