Director of Education & Training at Notarize
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:23 a.m. (EST) on Saturday, January 30, 2021
We're looking for a dynamic and creative Director of Education and Training to help us level up and improve our customer training and certification programs. With over 600% growth in our business this year, there are more and more people every day needing to be educated about Notarize platform. We offer different products for a variety of client and end-user types, with many more new verticals coming in 2021.
As our Director of Education & Training, you'll oversee the design and development of online e-learning programs and virtual courses, ensuring that our clients and end-users are equipped to deliver brand performance standards and drive financial and operations excellence. You will operate both tactically (creating training materials for the first wave of customers on a new product) and strategically (choosing and implementing a Learning Management System as our training needs mature). We're looking for an experienced training manager with engaging presentation skills and a desire to make a huge impact in a new role in a rapidly-emerging technology landscape.
What you'll do as our Director of Education & Training:
- Oversee the development and delivery of professional, engaging, virtual/online training programs that impart product and compliance knowledge to a variety of groups and end-users
- Review existing training programs and materials; drive enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of clientele, the organization, or the industry
- Develop both informal and formal learning solutions to meet organizational needs, selecting the most appropriate strategies, methodologies, and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact
- Apply a data-driven approach to measuring the effectiveness of training programs, establishing key metrics and continuously iterating to improve results
- Partner with business leaders to coordinate training needs and implementation of multiple training initiatives
- Collaborate with internal teams, external teams, and management to ensure requirements are being met and projects are kept on schedule.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure product updates and improvements are accurately reflected in training materials
- Manage and mentor training and e-Learning developers, fostering a team culture of professionalism, accuracy, and continual improvement
- Maintain knowledge of new methods and techniques for training, ensuring our strategies exceed the changing demand of the industry
What we're looking for:
- 8+ years of professional experience in the design, development and delivery of product and compliance-centered training materials and programs, particularly eLearning/virtual curriculums
- Strong content creation skills, demonstrating an understanding of basic design principles, comfort with creative programs, and passion for creating engaging, effective training collateral in a variety of formats and across internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of strategy, program design and implementation and roll-out of learning initiatives
- Ability to facilitate safe and inclusive learning environments, confident enough to address difficult questions and effectively challenge learners where appropriate
- Aptitude for partnering effectively and building strong relationships with credibility and trust, with team members and internal and external stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of adult learning theory, learning technologies and instructional design methodologies
- Proven record of successful supervisory experience, able to establish and nurture relationships with individuals of varying backgrounds and learning styles
- Prior experience with managing a distance learning population
- Experience evaluating training success through metrics/adoption and development of continuous improvement plans
- Excellent communication and presentations skills; comfortable interacting with senior management to provide updates and insight into best practices for ongoing priorities
- Positive, flexible personality, purposefully approaching challenges with creativity and imagination
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.