Software Engineer II - InsightIDR
The Software Engineer II is a team member who will help extend the capabilities of the Rapid7’s Cloud based Security applications. You will work with your team to determine optimal approaches to challenging problems and implementing robust solutions.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and eager technologist with a desire to keep learning and a minimum of 2 years building software for large projects and 1 year of experience coding in Java in a fast paced, agile environment.
- You will work with technologies like NoSQL databases and AWS to extend Rapid7’s investment in a cloud based security
- You will be responsible for building data pipelines, APIs for ETL and analytics on our big datasets in the cloud
- You will be adding modern design paradigms to the codebase, like microservices, circuit breakers, resilient systems, and code coverage with unit and component testing
- The tools and services to be developed will cover a wide range of applications – data visualization, large scale analytics, fast in-memory aggregation, workflow coordination, bulk data pipelines, and microservice APIs
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 2-5 years of software development
- Advanced experience in OO programming with Java, Python, Ruby or similar language
- Eagerness to learn big data/high throughput concepts, issues, techniques
- Familiarity with traditional RDBMS systems
- Knowledge or interest in computer security issues a plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases a plus
- Knowledge or interest in AWS a plus