Backend Web Engineer II (C# .NET)
As Rapid7’s Back-end Web Engineer, you will be an integral part of the team that manages and optimizes Rapid7’s publicly facing web properties, including www.rapid7.com.
We are a small but cross-functional team, with a “get-it-done” mentality. Each teammate jumps in where needed to build web experiences that balance the needs of the business, the experience for site visitors, and code quality. The ideal candidate will have strong C# .NET skills, and grow into being our expert on back-end architecture and code. As a security company, we practice what we preach, so we value secure and reliable code, tools, and adhering to a proper SDLC process.
We value attitude and aptitude more than specific skills. You’ll fit right in if you’re someone who loves trying new tools/languages, nerds out about both small and big wins, and is always looking for personal and team growth.
As Rapid7’s back-end web lead, you will:
- Work within a collaborative, hybrid-agile environment on a growing team
- Define development standards: determine best technology practices and uphold them within the team
- Receive completed front-end code and build new MVC modules within Episerver (our CMS framework)
- Play a prominent role in defining and prioritizing the team roadmap
- Identify, architect, and build integrations with our products and 3rd party systems
- Be integral in our free trial and product registration workflow, partnering with our Identity Management product engineering team to build custom APIs and AWS SNS/SQS flows.
- Collaborate with DevOps and infrastructure teams as needed to assess infrastructure recommendations.
- Partner with InfoSec to ensure new features are secured and any risks are remediated
- 5-8 years of experience with .NET and C#
- 2-3 experience with Episerver, or another .net MVC CMS (Umbraco, Kentico, Sitecore, etc)
- Comfortable with Git, Grunt, Jenkins, Postman
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn MarTech APIs (e.g. Marketo, Salesforce, Pardot, etc)
- Familiarity with, or willingness to learn, AWS tools such as SNS, SQS, Lambdas, S3
- Familiarity with CDNs and load balancers
- Familiarity with server-side session personalization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Self-starter and passionate about making awesome web experiences
- Loves clean code and appreciates witty git commits
- Committed to continual learning and growth
- Appreciates sarcasm and/or dry humor
Rapid7 (NASDAQ: RPD) is a team of highly motivated individuals dedicated to making the world a safer place through innovative cybersecurity solutions. With over 7,200 customers (including half of the Fortune 100) across 120 countries, Rapid7 aims to give Security, IT, and Development teams the tools needed to dramatically improve their security operations. Consistently named one of the best places to work by the Boston Business Journal, Rapid7 views its people as its most important asset and invests heavily in employee career development and company culture.