Consultant Deliverable Manager - Technical Writer/Editor
Rapid7 Consulting Deliverable ManagerPenetration Testing Technical Writing, Editing, and Project Development
The Deliverable Manager will work in our Project Management Office in a quality control and
internal project development capacity. Deliverable Managers review, edit, and format customer
reports generated by consultants after penetration testing engagements. Deliverable Managers
also summarize technical reports by writing Customer-Facing Documents, Letters Of
Attestation, and custom documentation. The Deliverable Manager will work to internally track
and report metrics related to report deliverables, prepare procedural documentation, and deliver
internal presentations on technical writing, editing, and process. If you are passionate about
writing, have an interest in cybersecurity, and want to work with a highly-skilled technical team
to produce meaningful client deliverables, then this may be the opportunity for you.
● Review and edit technical reports for both quality and consistency, with an emphasis on
the use of professional, concise language, and technical accuracy.
● Correct document spelling, grammar, and formatting errors.
● Track metrics on report writing, quality, and common issues.
● Collaborate with team members and product owners to develop internal Deliverable
Management projects and process improvements.
● Engage with team members and consultants to collaborate on custom deliverables.
● Assist Senior Deliverable Managers in refining the technical editing process and
procedural guides for the consultants.
● Minimum 2+ years of professional writing and editing experience
● BA or BS Degree.
● Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
● Familiarity with basic networking and IT development principles.
● Ability to edit and proofread highly technical language.
● Proven ability to manage a high volume of documentation while ensuring delivery
● Ability to multitask while working with a team and independently.
● Capable of synthesizing information while reviewing reports and preparing summary
● Energized by technology and continuously looking to grow.
● Must be willing to pursue certifications and attend education courses.
● Must be able to collaborate with a geographically diverse team through multiple
● BA or BS Degree in English or Computer Science.
● Technical experience or training in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information
Technology, or related field.
● Experience with Microsoft Project, Asana, JIRA, Microsoft Visio, Adobe Photoshop,
and/or Adobe Illustrator.
● Experience with Ruby, Python, Java, C++, and/or bash scripting.
● Experience in marketing, graphic design, and/or video editing.
● A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL, Professional Scrum Master, PMP, CEH, and/or CISSP