Hello, we're Plastiq
Plastiq is bill pay with benefits, enabling business owners and consumers to use a credit card for virtually any expense, even ones that normally require a check. With Plastiq, it's easier to earn credit card rewards, tap early-payment discounts, and use your cash in ways that make the most sense for you.
Why Work with Us?
We highly value our Engineers and gave them lots of opportunity to expand their responsibilities - "it's like having a new job every 6 months". You will have direct and visible impact - the code you push today will have impact on our customers today! Learn more about our culture at https://www.keyvalues.com/plastiq
An Insider's view of Plastiq
How would you describe the company’s work-life balance?
I love the flexibility of my job. There is a great level of trust within the team, as long as your work is getting done there are never any issues with having to balance your personal life. Plastiq also has amazing benefits and is ahead of many much larger companies in terms of vacation and maternity/paternity leave.
What does your typical day look like?
Success on the engineering team means not being afraid of failure. The team leadership truly supports an environment to fail. That might sound crazy, but if you are aiming to never fail, you are not getting out of your comfort zone. When you have confidence to try new things no matter if it fails, you are on a path to innovation.
What are some things you learned at the company?
Since starting earlier this year I have had the opportunity at Plastiq to try just about anything. We strongly believe in end to end ownership, and for an engineer that's an incredible opportunity. From learning about Serverless architectures to going deep into debugging databases, I've had an opportunity to work on all parts of our stack.
What is your vision for the company?
The US B2B Payments Market is $20 trillion dollars (globally its $125 trillion). Cards make up a few percent of that today due to lack of acceptance by recipients. Everyone wants B2B payments on Cards to happen - we are at the center of enabling those payments by allowing you to pay recipients that do not accept Cards today.
Head of Technology / CTO
What are some social events your company does?
We have biennial offsite retreats (Santa Cruz, Tahoe, Santa Barb.) that not only focus on team building and future strategizing, but allows the team to get re-energized. For social minded, the company organizes frequent community service events. The Christmas parties very much showcase how close knit a group we are, like a large extended family.
Where we are
Plastiq is located in Boston's thriving Seaport Innovation District, within walking distance of public transportation and right off the Mass Pike.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
Perks & Discounts
Job Training & Conferences
- At Plastiq, everyone has an equal chance to succeed. Engineers naturally develop subject-matter expertise across the stack and become leaders based on their knowledge and abilities, not tenure or politics.JeffSenior Engineer
- As a quickly growing startup – the features you work on matter. Each of us takes ownership from start to finish. Our continuous integration workflow drives open communication and collaboration within our engineering team.NateEngineer
- I thought I would be at Plastiq for a year or so before trying something new. It's now been over three years and I'm as excited as ever. Rapid growth each year has kept the problems we are tackling interesting and allowed me to grow as an engineer.DannyEngineer
- Love this company! Plastiq is perfect. I have what I was looking for at this company and more! Multicultural, inclusive, a relaxed environment and you define a career path according to your personal goals.LuisEngineer
Jobs at Plastiq5 open jobs
Data + Analytics
Dev + Engineer
Technology we use
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
- Heap AnalyticsAnalytics
Our funding history
$27M in FundingInvestors: Kleiner Perkins, DST Global
$16M in FundingInvestors: Atlas Venture, Khosla Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners
$11M in FundingInvestors: Khosla Ventures
$10M in FundingInvestors: Khosla Ventures
$6M in FundingInvestors: Atlas Venture, Flybridge Capital Partners
$2.3M in FundingInvestors: NextView Ventures