Sales Incentive Analyst
Sales Incentive Analyst
The primary focus of the Sales Incentive Analyst (Global Commissions) is to process commission payments and research any adjustments needed within the stated time requirements. The Sales Incentive Analyst will work closely with Finance, Payroll, and Revenue Operations to ensure timely calculation, reporting, and payment of commissions. In addition, they will play a key role in transitioning the current commissions expense reporting methods to meet the requirements of new accounting standard ASC 606. The Sales Incentive Analyst will research and answer questions regarding commissions, sales and other related inquiries from the Sales team, Executives, or Finance team as needed. They will also be an active participant in annual sales incentive planning.
- Process calculation of global commissions including adjustments on a monthly basis, verifying accuracy of calculations.
- Maintain employee data in sales compensation plans.
- Reconcile, research, analyze and resolve discrepancies and disputes in commission pay reported by the sales team.
- Provide data or ad hoc reporting to Finance as needed for commissions and sales bonus accruals.
- Perform various reconciliations and validations of billings and sales crediting data.
- Perform variance analysis on sales compensation/commission payments.
- Administer selected commission system set-up and support ongoing updates.
- Collaborate with Sales and HR in the implementation and configuration of new compensations plans, including performing cost modeling of alternative commission/incentive plan design or quota levels.
- Support the yearly compensation plan updates, quotas, rates, new hires, terminations, new plan implementation & testing.
- Improve on existing, and build new, comprehensive metrics reporting on commission plan performance.
- Document and maintain oversight of processes and procedures.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- SOX documentation and compliance testing
Position Requirements (Knowledge and Experience):
- 2-5 years Sales and/or Commission Analyst Experience
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Innovative problem solver with strong analytical and decision making skills
- Detail oriented, Self-starter, Quick learner
- Ability to work in a team or individually
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Proficiency in communicating via email and phone necessary