Last Updated: 7-6-17
1. What information do we collect, and how do we collect it?
Additionally, we may collect and display information that does not personally identify you. This includes, but is not limited to, information about general industry trends, job availability and skills needed for these jobs, salary trends, and other information related to job seeking, recruiting and branding, all of which are provided to best deliver services to you, (“Aggregate Information”).
As with many other websites, Built In and its Contractors may also collect certain non-personal statistical information pertaining to you and the equipment and communications method that you use to access the Internet and our Site. We refer to this information as “Usage Information”. This information allows us to optimize the Site to the Internet connections and equipment that are used to visit the Site. For instance, in order to make the Site better, we may collect information on: how long you use the Site; which links you click on the Site; whether you have used the Site before and on how many occasions; how frequently you use the Site; and at which point you exit the Site. We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through and interact with our Site. Information collected this way includes: (i) details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Site; and (ii) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection of usage information may include:
• Pixel Tags / Web Beacons: Pages of our website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email. We may also use these web beacons for other related Site statistics (e.g., recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). For example, you may receive targeted notifications of available job postings based on the content or the pages you click on.
• Device identifiers: When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Site, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by us.
2. How will we use the information you provide to us?
We use Contractors in order to efficiently provide our Site to you. Some Contractors, such as credit card processing companies, will collect information directly from you and provide us with relevant data. We may use this information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into (for instance, to collect any authorized fees). Information collected from Contractors are governed by their privacy policies. You should view the privacy policies of Contractors before providing information to them. If you interact with a third party, the Contractor may have access to your Personal Information, even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent.
4. With whom do we share the information we collect?
We may disclose Usage Information and Aggregate Information about our users without restriction. This information cannot be used to personally identify our users. If we combine the Usage Information and Aggregate Information with your Personal Information, it will be considered Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with our Contractors and affiliates in order to provide services to you, and for other lawful business reasons. We do not disclose your Personal Information except in the circumstances described here:
• Your Consent: We may share or disclose your Personal Information, at your direction, in connection with your use of the Site. For instance, when you create an account, we will post your profile on our Site and include your profile in a searchable database for recruiters to view. Additionally, when a recruiter views your profile, they will see the information you provided and contact you through the Site. You have the option to provide as much additional information as you choose. including but not limited to displaying information you request us to display on your profile. We may share your Enhanced Profile Information with preferred users of our Site in connection with our job search and recruiting services. Unless authorized by you, this information will not include your email address or phone number.
• Contractors: We may share your Personal Information with or disclose it to Contractors and other third parties we use to support our business, all of whom are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. For example, we may decide from time to time to utilize a number of business and marketing partners in delivering the content, materials, and services available on or through the Site to you. We may share Personal Information with these business and marketing partners for any lawful purpose, including to communicate with you or to fulfill your requests for our services. Built In and its Contractors may also produce reports on Site traffic or usage patterns and share these reports with our business and marketing partners and others.
• Business Transfers: In the event that Built In is involved in a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, your Personal Information held by us may be among the assets transferred.
• Disclosed when Collected: For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
4. What choices do you have?
When corresponding with Built In or our representatives, or when making a request for information or otherwise interacting with us or others through the Site, you choose what information to supply, what questions or comments to submit, whether you wish to receive further information, and by what method of communication such information should be delivered. Please take care to share only such information as is needed or that you believe is appropriate. You are under no obligation to provide us with personally identifiable information, but without it we may not be able to provide you the products or services you request. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Email Communications: If you do not wish to have your email address used by Built In to promote our own services or third parties, you may select the kinds of promotional messages you will receive by modifying your account settings. You may also opt out of receiving these messages by following the “unsubscribe” link contained within the promotional message. For example, you will be asked if you are open to new job opportunities. If you select yes, we may contact you with recruiter requests for introduction, which you may accept or reject. Alternatively, you have the option to decline to receive introduction requests from recruiters. You will also have the option to opt out of these messages by indicating you are not open to new opportunities, and you have the option to reject introductions to recruiters through the Site.
• Job Seeker Database: When you create an account on the Site, you will automatically be listed on Built In’s database of job seekers which can be accessed and searched by recruiters and employers. If you do not wish to be listed on this database, you may opt out of being listed on the database.
You may contact us as indicated below if at any time you would like to ask us about our data collection practices and our information security policy.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
5. How Do We Protect Information Collected About You?
Built I and our Contractors take commercially reasonable measures to protect against the loss, misuse and unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction of your personal data by aiming to maintain appropriate physical, procedural and electronic safeguards to protect your personal data, including:
• Restricting access to personal data to our employees and Contractors on a “need to know” basis;
• Enforcing policies and procedures for our employees in their handling of personal data; and;
• Using technologies designed to safeguard data during its transmission, such as SSL encryption for the data you provide on our websites.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
6. Children under Age 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information on the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Site. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected]
7. We may change this Notice.
7. Any questions? Please contact us at:
Built In, Inc.
444 North Wells Suite 502
Chicago, Illinois 60654
Email: [email protected]