Vestmark's Vice President of Business Development is responsible for driving new sales to RIAs for the industry's leading wealth management platform, VestmarkONE and related services. Vestmark enables financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem along with outsourced operational and trading services.
The ideal candidate will possess a hunger for growth, a desire to exceed targets, and a demonstrated track record of success in building a presence in new market segments. Key responsibilities are those typically associated with a VP, Business Development of similar stage growth companies and include the following:
- Achieve and exceed quarterly goals that are established by the EVP of Sales
- Actively demonstrate knowledge of the competition to proactively position Vestmark against their competitors and ensure prospects are familiar with the full spectrum of Vestmark’s capabilities and services
- Deliver compelling presentations tailored to each client; ensure submissions stand out from the pack
- Contribute to a culture of discipline and accountability by following the established cadence of weekly opportunity, pipeline, and forecast reviews
- Strategically cultivate relationships with clients and develop client networks at the highest level and leverage industry contacts and expertise to secure introduction to new prospective clients
- Understand and assess customer needs and uniquely and expertly position company products and services to meet those requirements
- Execute a disciplined sales process that delivers value to clients and is aligned with sales and milestones targets
- Provide accurate and timely territory plans and pipeline forecasts to senior sales management
- Able to address the complexities of selling to RIAs, and the unique needs of each
- Understand, navigate and influence the customer purchasing process
- Ability to travel occasionally and work flexible hours as necessary
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
The company seeks a Vice President of Business Development with strong organizational skills and a proven track record of serving as a senior leader of an internet, technology, financial services, or financial technology enterprise.
The following are other key qualifications:
- 10+ years of proven business development and strategic selling to decision makers, with a strong preference for experience selling to RIAs.
- Exemplary knowledge of sales principles, practices, tactics, tools and developing value proposition with customers
- Experience selling software and services to financial institutions
- An extensive record of executing sales cycles into RIAs where it is imperative to win over the ultimate decision maker in order to get a deal over the finish line
- An individual with gravitas, a strong work ethic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Possesses excellent verbal and written communications, presentation, time management, and leadership skills
- A successful candidate will have a scrappy mindset in addition to a strong results-oriented mentality, exceptional energy, and ambition
- Must have demonstrated success meeting a quota in a highly competitive environment
- Excellent client-facing and negotiation skills
- Significant experience serving as a hard-charging, motivated individual who exceeds goals and targets
- Strong ability to speak and present in a public forum
- Disposition to work for a company that embraces the concept of radical candor, but demands exceptional business acumen to affect value creation
- Extremely loyal, highly sophisticated, positive, hard-working, energetic, and collaborative
- SaaS experience is a plus; fintech or financial services experience is a plus; experience selling to or working within the RIA sector is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree; Technical or Finance degree preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.