VP, Advisor Sales at Vestmark, Inc. (Remote)
Headquartered outside of Boston, MA, Vestmark is a leading provider of portfolio management and trading solutions for the wealth management industry. Supporting over $1.5 trillion in assets and 5 million accounts, Vestmark is a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected wealth management firms, offering an innovative SaaS platform and comprehensive suite of outsourced services. Founded in 2001 with the mission of improving investment outcomes for all investors, Vestmark is a privately-owned company on the forefront of innovation and disruption of the FinTech industry.
About Vestmark Advisory Solutions (VAS)
Vestmark Advisory Solutions (VAS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Vestmark Inc. that combines deep investment expertise with the power of Vestmark’s industry leading technology to offer best-in-class investment management solutions. VAS is a registered investment advisor with $1.6 billion AUM. The investment team at VAS is responsible for managing Vestmark’s new and growing suite of personalized investment products and services including direct indexing, ESG preferences and personalization, tax transition, and customized tax management across multiple asset classes. VAS is also responsible for Vestmark’s Model Trading Services and industry leading Manager Marketplace.
Vestmark has been supporting clients’ direct indexing solutions for more than a decade. As we embark on our next stage of growth and evolution, Vestmark Advisory Solutions seeks a Vice President of Advisor Sales to drive new sales to RIAs for Vestmark’s Direct Indexing platform.
Vestmark enables financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem along with outsourced operational and trading services.
The ideal candidate will possess a hunger for growth, a desire to exceed targets, and a demonstrated track record of success in building a presence in new market segments. Key responsibilities are those typically associated with a VP, Advisor Sales of similar stage growth companies and include the following:
- Achieve and exceed quarterly goals that are established by the SVP, Direct Indexing
- Actively demonstrate knowledge of the competition to proactively position Vestmark against their competitors and ensure prospects are familiar with the full spectrum of Vestmark’s capabilities and services
- Deliver compelling presentations tailored to each client
- Contribute to a culture of discipline and accountability by following the established cadence of weekly opportunity, pipeline, and forecast reviews
- Strategically cultivate relationships with clients and develop client networks at the highest level and leverage industry contacts and expertise to secure introduction to new prospective clients
- Understand and assess customer needs and uniquely and expertly position company products and services to meet those requirements
- Execute a disciplined sales process that delivers value to clients and is aligned with sales and milestones targets
- Provide accurate and timely territory plans and pipeline forecasts to senior sales management
- Able to address the complexities of selling to RIAs, and the unique needs of each
- Understand, navigate and influence the customer purchasing process
- Ability to travel occasionally and work flexible hours as necessary
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
The company seeks a Vice President of Advisor Sales with strong organizational skills and a proven track record of sales success in an internet, technology, financial services, or financial technology enterprise.
The following are other key qualifications:
- 4+ years of proven business development and strategic selling to decision makers, with a strong preference for experience selling to RIAs.
- Exemplary knowledge of sales principles, practices, tactics, tools and developing value proposition with customers
- Experience selling investment solutions to financial advisors
- An extensive record of executing sales cycles into RIAs where it is imperative to win over the ultimate decision maker in order to get a deal over the finish line
- An individual with gravitas, a strong work ethic, and entrepreneurial spirit. Possesses excellent verbal and written communications, presentation, time management, and leadership skills
- A successful candidate will have a scrappy mindset in addition to a strong results-oriented mentality, exceptional energy, and ambition
- Must have demonstrated success meeting a quota in a highly competitive environment
- Excellent client-facing and education skills
- Significant experience serving as a hard-charging, motivated individual who exceeds goals and targets
- Strong ability to speak and present in a public forum
- Disposition to work for a company that embraces the concept of radical candor, but demands exceptional business acumen to affect value creation
- Extremely loyal, highly sophisticated, positive, hard-working, energetic, and collaborative
- While SaaS experience is a plus, fintech or financial services experience is a must; experience selling to or working within the RIA sector is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree: Technical or Finance degree preferred; CFP or CFA preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
What Vestmark Offers
Vestmark offers the ability to develop strong relationships with colleagues who enjoy collaborating, a flexible work-life balance, managers who respect and listen to their ideas and a competitive salary and benefits.
Vestmark also offers a strong value-based culture while working on challenging projects in an exciting Fintech industry committed to helping regular investors reach their goals.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.