Strategic Partnership Manager at Grubhub
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what's your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
The Impact You Will Make
GrubHub is looking for highly talented sales people who are passionate about the restaurant industry, and can effectively drive understanding of why GrubHub's solutions are differentiated from and superior to other offerings. You will be responsible for growing and enhancing our existing network by selling to the top 1% of available future GrubHub partner restaurants. Your ability to build relationships, leverage consultative sales skills, and deliver results will be on display in this role. We are looking for specific individuals with the tenacity, work ethic, and desire to have an effect in continuing to build the best possible restaurant selection.
- Call on pre-set list of targeted, high quality restaurants
- Execute sales strategy with innovative techniques to close hard-to-sell restaurants
- Refine sales messaging, prospecting, qualifying, and closing techniques
- Adapts sales approach to meet the needs of your prospect
- Create new opportunities from prospecting efforts and leveraging your network
- Close business from new and established relationships
- Manage different sales cycles, utilizing internal and external resources as appropriate
- Identify and grow sales opportunities within assigned territory
- Be willing to travel as required
- Stay up to date on industry trends and address restaurant business challenges
- In depth knowledge of a restaurants inner workings including cost of operating a restaurant
- Deep understanding of your territory, the competitive landscape and market performance
- Develop and execute curated and unique sales plans to each prospective restaurant
- Understand your target account's business strategy and define a solution using GrubHub's products to support it
- Be an expert on GH tools & stay up to date on GH initiatives in order to leverage those offerings
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years strategic sales experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven ability in managing varying sales cycles from start to finish, with a track record of consistently exceeding goals
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
- Proven consultative sales skills, including the ability to articulate in a clear and concise manner
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who's ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster . If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]