Strategic Partner Manager | East
Greater Boston Area
The ideal Strategic Partner Manager candidate has a strong consulting background and has been successful working in a client-facing capacity. They must also be technically inclined and naturally curious to learn about Mendix’s portfolio. They have made the choice to work within Consulting to have a more holistic view and understanding of the business to help them broaden their skill set(s) and aid in advancing their career(s).
The ideal candidate will help lead a strategic approach to standing up our partner program – s/he will execute upon a unique blend of sales, strategy, executive alignment & partnership-building. The ideal SPM candidate also understands deal structure and deal flow. They know how to write business plans and are comfortable with holding people accountable. They have worked in, understand and can operate in a Matrix Organization.
- Minimum of 2 year of relevant work experience, including management consulting, investment banking, private equity, alliances or business development.
- Proven ability to recognize industry change, develop understanding of long-term implications, and deliver recommended strategies for new business opportunities.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong capability of project management and problem-solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to develop rapport and credibility across an organization and promote ideas and proposals persuasively.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others
- Ability to travel at least 25%.
Required Skills and Experience
- Work with product teams and business units to identify and prioritize areas of need for 3rd party partnerships, including technology providers, student ancillary products, content, and distribution
- Source potential partners and conduct due diligence, including assessment of partner alignment with need, reach, stability, and potential areas of risk
- Collaborate with Legal to negotiate and close partner agreements
- Manage the full partnership lifecycle from deal identification, evaluation and negotiation to execution, integration and ongoing partner management
- Coordinate quarterly meetings with Product and Business leadership to identify potential areas of risk in existing partnership, identify pipeline of partnership targets and prioritize new partnership needs
- Field inquiries from interested 3rd parties and potential partners
- Maintain Salesforce partner management system, including adding new partner leads, updating annual payment metrics and other key indicators, and ensuring deal terms are up to date
- Build and manage internal relationships across all levels of the organization and be a thought partner on new, innovative strategies to drive businesses to best-in-class
- Negotiate business terms and structure agreements in collaboration with Legal, Finance, Strategy, and Functional owners
Read Full Job Description