Strategic Partner Manager | East
- Minimum of 2 year of relevant work experience, including management consulting, investment banking, private equity, alliances or business development.
- Proven ability to recognize industry change, develop understanding of long-term implications, and deliver recommended strategies for new business opportunities.
- Strategic and analytical thinking, strong capability of project management and problem-solving skills, sound judgment and a willingness to resolve issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to develop rapport and credibility across an organization and promote ideas and proposals persuasively.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others
- Ability to travel at least 25%.
Required Skills and Experience
- Work with product teams and business units to identify and prioritize areas of need for 3rd party partnerships, including technology providers, student ancillary products, content, and distribution
- Source potential partners and conduct due diligence, including assessment of partner alignment with need, reach, stability, and potential areas of risk
- Collaborate with Legal to negotiate and close partner agreements
- Manage the full partnership lifecycle from deal identification, evaluation and negotiation to execution, integration and ongoing partner management
- Coordinate quarterly meetings with Product and Business leadership to identify potential areas of risk in existing partnership, identify pipeline of partnership targets and prioritize new partnership needs
- Field inquiries from interested 3rd parties and potential partners
- Maintain Salesforce partner management system, including adding new partner leads, updating annual payment metrics and other key indicators, and ensuring deal terms are up to date
- Build and manage internal relationships across all levels of the organization and be a thought partner on new, innovative strategies to drive businesses to best-in-class
- Negotiate business terms and structure agreements in collaboration with Legal, Finance, Strategy, and Functional owners