As a Strategic Client Director on the Strategic Accounts Team, you play a critical role in leading the strategy to grow our strategic accounts. This position is an opportunity for you to create lasting relationships while growing the business, which will empower you to deliver your life’s best work.
This role will be customer facing and will liaise significantly with C level employees within our accounts and our executive team. You will lead the on-going strategic relationship, executive relationships, product adoption, and billings growth of your customers. This role will create high level partnerships and maximize growth potential for all managed accounts to include marketing and partnership development.
While the position is highly sales-driven, the ability to grow relationships and understand the internal operations, business strategy, and development of customers’ processes and business procedures is equally critical. The Strategic Client Director will build the vision of both short and long term goals while signing new deals and growing customer investment.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales professional who has broad expertise in customer relationship management and strategic growth. The ideal candidate will have enterprise sales experience, extensive experience negotiating multi-million dollar contracts, and experience selling at the executive level-- especially to the HR function. Experience with the deployment of enterprise software (preferably in a SaaS environment), well-versed in cross team coordination, and relationship management expertise building lasting relationships with enterprise customers. Creative and strategic thinking is a priority for this role.
This is a remote position, reporting to the Vice President of Strategic Accounts.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the growth strategy for existing accounts while growing and building strong, long lasting relationships with high level executives and decision makers
- Lead the negotiation, creation and renewal of customer contracts
- Upsell, cross sell and renew accounts for top customers ensuring growth mindset
- Outline and execute a clear growth plan for all accounts while fine-tuning and redeveloping as necessary
- Build, grow and liaise relationships between accounts and internal executive level team
- Maximize the success of all accounts
- Consistently live up to Workhuman’s core values and be a true role model to the team
- Map and understand the organizational structure of the customer company, ensuring that we maintain strategic partnerships across all areas of the customer in order to maximize our “deep roots” within each account
- Ability to quickly assess and become highly knowledgeable about a particular client situation, including ways to strengthen and build utilization of the WH Cloud
- Become a strategic partner to all customers you directly and indirectly manage
- Be an expert in our company messaging and be able to have senior level conversations concerning the benefit and impact of global strategic recognition including sighting results attained and example stories regarding other clients services by Workhuman
- Serve in a highly visible, client-facing role which requires excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Workhuman’s products and services
Required skills and experience:
- Positive attitude and energy, with a passion for building relationships; Internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Proven management skills
- Impeccable presentation skills with an ability to engage senior level audiences
- 10+ years of field enterprise sales experience with a demonstrated ability to close and manage complex deals for Fortune 500 customers
- Proficient in SalesForce.com, Microsoft Office Suite
- 25% travel in ‘normal’ circumstances