Acquia is the open digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with products built around Drupal to allow them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration — giving our customers and partners the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named one of North America’s fastest growing software companies by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
Acquia is seeking a Solutions Engineer to join our Americas Pre-sales team – someone to lead the technical aspect of the sale to our prospective and existing customers and develop strong technical solutions that map to their business needs. In this role, you will:
- Develop a deep knowledge of Acquia’s products, solutions, value propositions, and competitive differentiators
- Gather customer business needs to qualify and tailor the right solution with Acquia products to help the customer succeed
- Build solution definitions, respond to RFPs, facilitate workshops, and deliver presentations, demos and proof-of-value exercises for prospective customers
- Combat competitive threats in accounts and educate the customer on Acquia’s key values and benefits
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with clients of all sizes, backgrounds and needs - leading by example of mature communication, positive attitude, respect and constructive approach to issues
- Facilitate smooth transition from sales to delivery by clearly documenting sizing and solution designs
- Collaborate extensively with peers inside other departments in Acquia (such as Professional Services, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Account Management and Customer Success) and in our partner ecosystem to ensure the highest quality sales execution and long-term customer satisfaction/renewal.
The ideal candidate has the proven ability and desire to develop and sell SaaS software ideally in web development / cloud computing / marketing technology, content management and / or e-commerce. You should be confident communicating your ideas in written, verbal and visual forms.
As the Solutions Engineer, you will...
Acquia’s Solutions Engineers communicate how Drupal and Acquia can help them succeed. You'll research, scope, estimate and present Drupal solutions for enterprise-grade web sites and applications. You'll also act as a key bridge between our business development team and our engineers and consultants, both helping sales staff to better position Drupal and Acquia’s solutions, as well as bringing feedback from customers back into the development of new products and processes.
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Bachelors or Technical Degree required with strong preference for a Major or Minor in Computer Science, IT, Information Services or similar
- Front-end web development experience
- Strong understanding of digital project life cycles, team structures, processes and technology
- Experience in sales and/or consulting
- Based in the US or Canada, willing to travel as needed
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- Pre-sales soft skills such as the ability to listen, work remotely across teams, business acumen, humility, great presentation and story-telling skills, being bold, and delivering world-class demosExperience developing customized presentations, demonstrations and prototypes to prove a solution's business value to C level customers
- Ability to be hands-on with our technology solutions – comfort with HTML/CSS, Web Services and Marketing Technology
- Strong problem-solving skills, curiosity, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Ability to work independently, balancing multiple concurrent opportunities/projects and manage your own time and workload
Extra Credit if you have the following...
- Passion for open source technology
- Experience with Drupal and relevant WCM application architecture
- Experience with Marketing Technology software such as Hubspot, Mautic, ActiveCampaign, Marketo, or Pardot.
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.