What great looks like in this role
Our ideal candidate has extensive practitioner experience with full-stack, cloud-enabled, agile development, and enterprise architecture disciplines. This blended delivery leader and solution architect role will help drive digital transformation and create a competitive advantage for the firm and our policyholders.
The Solution Architect/Lead Engineer is primarily accountable for the planning, strategy, identification and articulation of the future state of technology across the enterprise Data, Privacy and AI Governance program. The successful candidate will partner closely with product owners, Enterprise Architecture and peer delivery leaders and cultivate the support of financial and strategic decision makers, actively disrupting the existing perspectives to drive competitive advantage. The role will drive innovation, make strategic decisions and actively guide teams toward a future state consistent with the strategy. This role has broad exposure across the firm in order to effectively tie business capabilities and processes for scalable governance.
This entrepreneurial leader will be able to navigate ambiguity and think big, start small and scale quickly. The leader will be responsible for technical delivery of an innovative, principles-driven, enterprise capability that holistically addresses privacy, data and AI/ML governance at scale and enables the delivery of superior customer experiences and innovative products while ensuring that key values, such as fairness, are built into systems supporting decision making. Additionally, this leader will deliver a suite of privacy rights capabilities in support of our enterprise privacy program spanning CCPA, GDPR, HIPPA, GLBA, and the like.Objectives of the role
- Establish and maintain the Solution Architecture program within the enterprise governance team.
- Lead the governance team’s engagement with Enterprise Architecture as a member of the Solution Architecture Community.
- Define the strategic solution architecture for the suite of enterprise governance solutions covering full stack application development, data architectures, integration patterns, and enterprise work management.
- Assume technical leadership for enterprise governance solutions including a fully-automated privacy rights solution from digital customer experience through rights fulfillment, and an innovative adaptive policy framework delivering governance at scale across the enterprise.
- Build governance data models and pipelines to capture, prepare, and enrich evidentiary data and ultimately integrate into a consolidation layer presented to customers and enterprise stakeholders.
- Contribute to the technical platform strategy for enterprise data initiatives ensuring they support enterprise privacy, data and AI governance policy by specifying standards around data transport and data APIs.
- Provide strategic solution architecture direction and technical leadership of enterprise privacy, data and AI governance solutions and systems.
- Establish strategies, reference architectures, road maps, standards, best practices, and solution patterns for enterprise governance solutions.
- Produce and maintain pertinent architecture documents, solution designs, and EA reviews at key points in the SDLC.
- Collaborate and partner with leaders across our data science team, business channels, law, compliance, enterprise risk, and information security.
- Collaborate with various departments to establish automated processes that collect and compute measures of progress and alignment with governance principles.
- Manage a team of analysts and developers as needed.
- Stay up-to-date and informed on emerging practices for improving algorithm and AI governance practices.
- Some travel to Springfield, MA, Amherst, MA, and New York, NY. (approx. 1 – 2x/month)
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience establishing and executing complex, strategic, cross-functional enterprise programs.
- Hands-on expertise with a wide array of modern, secure, cloud-enabled technologies, data platforms, and CI/CID delivery pipelines
- Skilled in applying judgment to achieve process compliance and achievement of business objectives
- Expertise with project management processes and tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Scrum and Kanban
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with Archimate enterprise architecture modeling language and SAFe framework
- Exceptional influencing abilities across all levels of the organization.
- Advanced degree preferred (M.S., M.B.A., J.D.).
- Financial services knowledge, including core business processes and regulations.
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise governance programs in highly regulated industries.
- Knowledge of public policy making, CCPA and GDPR
- Knowledge of methods for designing, developing, testing, peer-reviewing, and deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions. Practitioner experience is considered a strong plus.
- Experience creating KPIs and using them to manage execution and inform strategy.
- Knowledge of metrics associated with characterizing performance, bias, variance, and error of algorithms and predictive models.
- Work in Boston Office