Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Partnerships Team is responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Toast’s Partnership strategy. This includes working closely with our product and platform teams to develop strategy, scoping potential partnerships and negotiating contracts, developing relationships with external and internal parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of partnerships across a cross-functional team within Toast.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our strategic partnerships team. The successful candidate will have experience in 1/ analyzing technology landscapes, 2/ structuring complex business partnerships, and 3/ working with cross-functional teams to launch partnerships. You’ll be comfortable dealing with uncertainty, and be able to put structure to complex, unstructured product problems.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and execute Business Development strategy and tactics across Toast and its key products, including our fast-growing platform.
- Work closely with other Partnership team members to collaborate and execute on a cohesive partnerships strategy.
- Develop Partner relationships end-to-end, from initial scoping, to negotiations, and launch
- You will also work with cross-functional teams across including Product, Account Management, Sales and, Marketing teams to identify and engage partners that enhance Toast product functionality and distribution.
- Review internal analytics to develop expected partner performance models and ongoing success metrics.
- Conduct market analysis to develop current and future expected landscape structures across the Toast ecosystem
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in business development, SaaS technology, finance or consulting.
- Leadership & general management skills, especially in setting strategy & gaining alignment with different stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and problem solve with external partners.
- Demonstrated product sense and familiarity with current consumer technology.
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor able to shift from big picture to detailed operations on a dime.
- Strong team player with excellent track record of success in fast-paced environments with changing priorities.
- BA/BS required; MS/MBA is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required