Senior Manager, Business Development
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for an enterprising leader to head attribution initiatives that measure and validate our impact on the automotive industry as well as the ROI of our products. The Senior Manager, Business Development will have a unique role to lead a highly-visible, cross-functional strategic initiative with potential to meaningfully impact growth. A successful candidate will possess excellent business acumen, analytical horsepower and ingenuity in addition to strong communication and organizational abilities.
What You'll Do:
- Own the CarGurus attribution strategy
- Lead cross-functional team (composed of members from sales, marketing, engineering, product) tasked with execution of attribution strategy
- Establish partnerships with critical data sources and analytics companies capable of advancing CarGurus understanding and measurement of its impact on the automotive industry
- Source white papers and case studies to validate CarGurus product and industry influence
- Influence the development of new products, tools and features used to measure the return on investment for CarGurus customers
- Set and track key attribution metrics. Present regular updates to executive team on progress toward strategic objectives.
- Attend, and occasionally, present at automotive conferences focused on Attribution or similar topics
- Build influential relationships with leaders from companies across the automotive and technology industries
- Evaluate new market opportunities to inform CG’s buy, build or partner decision-making
- Contribute to achievement of dynamic business development team goals
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of professional experience, with 3+ years of analytics, business or corporate development, management consulting or investment banking experience
- Bachelor’s degree required—MBA a plus
- Track-record of outstanding academic and professional achievement
- Strategic mindset with a history of developing impactful ideas
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical skillset—able to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into actionable strategic direction
- Capable of effectively tracking and reporting on project goals, progress and results
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel
- Expert in Microsoft Office suite
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.