- As the top-level technical expert, create high-level architectural specifications for Salesforce expansion and integration, plan migration and ensure compatibility with other enterprise systems.
- In collaboration with business analysts and business owners, develop an understanding of the business processes and operations, documenting requirements, process flows, technical objects, and release step details (change controls, data migrations, and step-by-step order of operations) as well as configuration and solution design.
- Identify, recommend and deliver value-add solutions, tracking development progress and approving all changes to ensure they have successfully passed testing across all environments.
- Provide Salesforce and Salesforce CPQ system expertise related to solution design, data, integrations, performance analysis, security, and analytics
- Using software development lifecycle (SLDC) principles and Agile methodology, participate in application development including sprint planning, story estimation, solution and technical documentation as well as release planning and execution.
- Act as influencer; Lead peer solution design sessions, team-based proof of concept and product demonstrations.
- Assess current application solution stack, and research, identify, test, certify and select new technologies that streamline internal operations and improve the end-user experience.
- As team leader, this role acts as a resource and mentor for more junior members of the team. May train more junior members of the team.
- This position does not have direct reports and is not responsible for recruitment, retention, performance management, disciplinary actions or employment decisions.
- 8+ years of technical experience working with Salesforce.com product suite required. Previous experience with Salesforce, Heroku, managed packages, e.g. Salesforce CPQ and CPQ Billing, Financial Force, and Boomi integration platform preferred.
- Proven Influencer skills with the ability to lead by example, mentorship and gain trust across a large cross organizational team.
- Extensive Salesforce development technology experience required. Salesforce certifications preferred, e.g. Salesforce Architect, Developer, Specialist or Consultant paths.
- Bachelors or Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent preferred, but not required.
- Proven experience with Software-as-a-Services (SaaS) integrations and configuration, including security, using Workflow, Flow & Process Builder, Apex, Visual Force (VF), Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL), Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), web services, third-party tools and extract, transfer, load (ETL) processes required. Experience utilizing middleware, Dell Boomi, and certification preferred.
- Experience with mobile application and app builders preferred.
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) required. Ability to lead project execution with Agile/ Scrum methodology preferred
- Knowledge of lead-to-cash lifecycle in a subscription-based SaaS business desired.
- Must have the ability to bring stakeholders at all levels of the organization to consensus asserting an architecture which aligns to the business objectives.
- Ability to transform business requirements into technical solutions with a focus on data quality and implement them independently or with other team members.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to communicate complex technical issues in a concise easy-to-follow manner is essential.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision desired.