It’s an exciting time to join Ellevation! Our team and product suite is growing, and we are looking for a Sales Executive (internally known as Partner Development Manager) to join our West Sales team to help drive this growth forward. The Partner Development Manager will focus on hunting new-business and expanding market share and revenue, accountable for a defined territory.
In this role, you will own the ongoing relationships with future key strategic accounts. You will receive support from our inside-sales Partner Development Associates and our Marketing team to generate interest and schedule meetings. You will also aggressively network and prospect for opportunities. The ideal candidate will be skilled at in-field sales, knowledgeable about the K-12 market, highly motivated, and prepared to work hard to build the business.
Within 1 month, you will have:
- Onboard and learn about Ellevation, and the work we do to improve outcomes for EL students.
- Gain an understanding of our products, their value, and how to technically demo to prospects.
- Understand our sales playbook and pricing structure.
- Learn your assigned territory and develop a strategic territory plan.
- Become familiar with our business systems and sales enablement tools.
Within 3 months, you will have:
- Become proficient and able to independently present all Ellevation products to external audiences.
- Collaborated with your regional team to understand your territories education policy, pricing nuances, and instructional initiatives.
- Worked with a Partner Development Associate to create and execute an outreach plan to your territory.
- Built a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Independently tracked all sales activity in Salesforce and utilized other business systems.
Within 6 months, you will have:
- Effectively closed new business deals from start to finish.
- Efficiently managed and grew your sales pipeline.
- Become an expert in your territory on value proposition, policy, and product applications.
- Collaborated with the Account Manager, Partner Development Associate, and Partner Success Manager to engage your region.
Within 12 months, you will have:
- Met or exceeded your new business quota for the year.
- Built relationships with key stakeholders in top prospective districts.
- Created an ongoing pipeline to support your sales goals.
- Shared insights and helped shape sales strategy with sales leadership.
- 3-5+ years experience successfully selling to the K-12 market;
- Experience and knowledge of the ELL landscape preferred;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with audiences of all levels;
- Ability to succeed in a competitive selling environment
- Travel requirements: Up to 50% with seasonal peaks
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Seamless technology integrations so you're always connected (Zoom + Slack)
+ All-company offsites in Boston, twice a year!
+ Team & Division offsites
+ Virtual happy hours
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as “Best Tech Workplace for Diversity” from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but there’s more work to be done.